Saturday, May 23, 2009

Get Over Yourself!

Please let me escape this insomnia! This is why I can't take naps during the day. So, I'm on a blogging rampage and it's not going well. Actually, that's a lie. The next two posts are filled with some new pictures, so definitely scroll down to check out something of importance. This post is...well...it is what it is. I'm bored. I would say YOU should do it too, but it didn't go over all that great the last time. So, I'll do it for you!

More about Me


Current obsession- Searching for the PERFECT self tanner. I never go into the sun so I need an alternative. I just bought "Sun Laboratories" and I am hoping it works well. Hmmm, I'll let you know.

Weirdest obsession- just one? That would be my "volume" obsession. All radios, tvs, whatever...must be on an even number with the volume level. Ugh, OCD...I know.

Wearing today- Jeans and a green hoodie which turned into gym-type shorts and a grey tee when I realized it was like 90 degrees outside.

Favorite comfort food- Pizza goldfish. I could eat those little suckers by the truckload.

What would make today special- Waking up and the last 8lbs I need to lose magically fell off while I was sleeping!

You'd like to learn to: Play guitar. Where in the heck would I ever find the time

Last thing you bought- Self Tanner from Ulta.

Listening to right now- The hum of my laptop.

Favorite weather- If it were Fall all year round I'd be in heaven. I kinda hate the heat. It blows! :)

Most challenging goal now- Being a good Mom to Ava. It's a long term goal, I guess you could say. Are there any male readers? Prob not... Long story short, Ava is rejecting "the boob!" I'm pumping non stop and it stinks b/c it's twice the work. Do I give up and go to formula? Any opinions appreciated! :)

One who tagged you- I found this on a strangers blog. I'm a dork.

Anywhere to live- Wherever my hubby and daughter are...and if that's near Downingtown PA, it's a bonus!

Want in your hands now- Nothing really, I'm finally getting tired! So, maybe my pillow?

Like to get rid of- 8 pounds. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywhere for an hour- In Nordstrom for the humongous sale they are having right now.

Language to learn- Maybe French?

Look for in a friend- Understanding and Trust.

Meet in person- I should say someone who was of a great influence to our country at some point in time, but I'll be real and say Reese Witherspoon. :)

Favorite type of music- Country, by a long shot.

Favorite clothing owned- It's all loved by me. I don't discriminate.

Dream job- A teacher with a classroom filled with loving kiddos (and easy parents!)

$100 to spend on - stuff for Ava. She's spoiled and I like it.

Pet peeve- people who take elevators out of sheer laziness. Get off your bootie and take the stairs!

Who do you admire- too many people. Curt is pretty high on the list...

Personal style- depends! Casual...dressy...I love it all.

Favorite beauty product- sleep. Which is where I'm going now.

3 comments:

The Longs said...

self tanner..try fake bake...and as for the boob-just give it up sister! pumping is for the birds-I pumped for two long months while Abby was in hospital and a little when she got home-I wanted to throw the darn thing out the window! You've given her a good boost on her immune system, it's time to go to formula! And p.s. nursing in the heat = no fun!

Jody, Shaye, Madelyn, and Delaney said...

Hello! Sorry to hear about the "boob" issues. Oh, Miss Ava, stop giving your Mommy such a hard time! Guess you are the independent type? Anxious to hear how you do on your first weekend away... enjoy!

David and Kate said...

Hey Maureen- As for the nursing issues, my advise would be to keep pumping for a little while longer before you quit completely. John went through many phases where he was interested in nursing, then disinterested, and back and forth. I was glad I perservered (sp?) because he would usually go back to it. It wasn't until about 11 months that things went downhill continually. Just my opinion!!
Kate