Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Everybody PLAY!

Okay, so when Ava naps I should be doing the following:
-laundry
-sit ups
-showering (???)
-napping myself
-cleaning up the mess that Ava and I make when she's awake...

But, instead I am plopped in front of the computer going from one blog to the next, facebooking, e-mailing, and yes-shopping! Anyway, I came across this fun list thingie and although I just did this on FB a few months back, I want to do it again. And seeing how it's my blog, I'm gonna do what I want. So there!

I guess the object is to write 20 things about yourself. No limits. I "tag" everyone that has a blog who is reading this blog. Do it so I can have something else to spend my time on when Ava is snoozing...

Here it goes!:

1. I was super excited to make my way back to the states but extremely bummed that Curt had to stay behind. I secretly felt really alone there and Curt and Ava were the best things I had when I was so far from my home and family. Anyway, we are super excited to get him back here with us, where he belongs!

2. Ava is now 7 months and I am just now starting to feel like I know what heck I'm doing. But, ask me again tomorrow and I may have a different answer.

3. I can't stand being around competitive people, especially when they feel the need to "one up" me in whatever it is I'm doing. I also avoid confrontation like no other and sometimes others confuse me with a door mat.

4. Curt is the best thing that has ever happened to me, even more so now because he gave us Ava. He listens to me, understands me, cares for me, and loves me unconditionally.

5. My favorite food on the planet is, hands down, SOUP! Nothing fancy, plain old Lipton Double Noodle. It's comforting and delish. I love it.

6. I think waaaay too many people think that teaching is a "fall back" career. As in, "My first career fell through, I guess I'll teach!". It takes passion, dedication, and hard work to teach. If you don't love it, good luck to you and your students.

7. I drink about 8 bottles of water per day and allow myself 1 sprite, but only AFTER I just drank a water. This way, I probably won't finish the soda but got enough to satisfy my craving.

8. I have never had a problem gaining/losing weight, ever, and now I need to work out to get my old body back. It sucks.

9. I hate talking about money with anyone other than Curt. I think it's so RUDE when people pass judgement on how you spend your own money. I would never criticize someone on what they deemed important enough to buy, no matter what the cost. (yes, I'm speaking from personal experience.)

10. Some of my oldest friends are coming back into my life in a big way, and I couldn't be happier.

11. If I could go back to my wedding and change something, it would be the bridesmaid dresses (tea length!) and my hair (a low bun, NOT an updo)! Oh well, I was young and in love so all I really wanted was to say "i do". I guess the most important part of the day is what I will always truly remember!

12. My favorite car on the planet is a Lexus RX350. It's beautiful. Expensive? Yes. Oh well...someday! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the proud owner of a brand new Honda Accord at the end of the summer, and that's pretty great too.

13. I am obsessed with purses. OBSESSED. I always have my eye on the next one... I treat them extremely well, as in they are always tucked away in their dust bags when not in use and they never go out when it's raining. I'm actually serious. :)

14. I tend to keep to myself when I'm around people I don't know and it comes off as rude and snobby on my part, but I do much better when others introduce themselves to me. That sounds horrible, but it's true.

15. I have the worst memory when it comes to learning and remembering names. I usually forget someone's name within minutes of meeting them.

16. My perfect outfit is some beat up jeans, flip flops, a sweatshirt, and a baseball cap. You can often see me in just that running errands. Classy!

17. I love getting really dressed up and I have been known to buy new cocktail and formal dresses even when I don't have somewhere to go on the horizon.

18. I watch the TV Food Network all day long. I still can't cook anything.

19. I am a germ FREAK! When people touch my hands or food I pretty much consider them contaminated. FUN!

20. My new goal is to learn to play the guitar and go play at an "open mic night". I love music, singing, and sharing it with others. There is no time limit set on this goal, but I'll do my best!

Okay, so fun! Now YOU, yes, YOU do it!!!

4 comments:

Adam and Beth said...

1. I also hate 'one uppers'...I have a neighbor like that and she's just awful...seriously, and her husband too!

2. I LOVE your new goal :) I think now that you are back in the states we need to go to karaoke one night for old times sake :)

3. You are not alone with your 'time-wasting' on the computer...nap time = me time & I will do what I want (even if it means stalking on facebook for an hour! sad...)

4. I feel that with learning new names, if you say their name right away, you wont forget...like "Nice to meet you, Jen!" I swear by it :)

Ok, all done my ranting :) Fun post!!

Jen said...

Don't ever explain or apologize for having things or being able to buy things. It's your life, you earn the money and you should do whatever it is you want with YOUR money. And by your money I mean you and your husbands. Screw those people who don't like it!

One uppers suck!

I love purses too, but I am not that great with caring for mine.

Can't wait to hear you play the guitar!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Well, the closest I'll ever come to guitar is playing Guitar Hero...does that count??? :-) And I think that "baby brain" definitely helps with the bad memory thing. Totally affects me too!! And I get the "oh, you're JUST a teacher??" WTH???? I'm teaching YOUR child how to think, behave, communicate, learn, and simply BE...and you think it isn't important??? Sheesh!!! vbg vb b vf v v gv gvbvvvvvvvvvvvv (sorry, Cameron says "Hi Ava! I want to meet you!! You're a cutie and I'll flirt with you!!" heehee

Segal Party of 4 said...

Miss you Moe! I love learning new stuff about you on your blog. Wish we would've hung out more in England! Enjoy your time with the fam.