Sunday, March 22, 2009

Back To Blah

UGH, I promise to get out of my funk soon, but I'm still grouchy that we are no longer in the States. I have to keep reminding myself that the next 8.3 weeks are going to just zip right by and before we know it, I will be walking around D-town once again!

Thankfully the weather here has been decent so that makes things a little bit better...


Curt, Ava and I are working on getting ourselves back into our old routine. Ava has been sleeping like crap so that's still the biggest thing we're working on here. The funny thing is that ever since we got back to the States and then back to England, she has been napping so WELL which is awesome. Her naps are around around 1.5 to 2 hours a pop and we LOVE it. She is a much happier baby because of it. Now, if she would only sleep through the night life would be bliss! So, here we go again...



We've been doing solids with Ava and so far she seems to like it all. As a matter of fact, she likes it so much that she will eat waaay too much(meaning, we GIVE her waaay too much), and then have projectile spit up IN HER CRIB. LOVELY! Thankfully we have only "overfed" her twice, but man-did we ever pay for it. I, of course, had a major panic attack thinking she was super sick but because she busts out big huge smiles when we pick her up and shows no other signs of distress, we figure that her belly was way to full so out it came! ICK. I'm still working on this whole feeing thing and trying to balance the b-milk with the cereal and the veggies...but to be honest I really have no idea what is the right amount as of yet.


"Dear Dad,
Please do NOT set me in my chair anymore without the seatbelt. I'm a big girl now and I will take a tumble!
Love, Ava"


Finally, as you can see Ava is becoming really independent. She had an awesome jumper while we were in PA that we bought for her and she loved that thing. She was able to "stand" and move around as much as she could. Well, here I only have activites that require her to lie on her back OR be seated at an incline. She's totally unimpressed with what I have to offer so she gets pretty squirmy. Even when I try to hold her she's trying to get away and grab things. It's nuts! How did this happen so quickly?!?!

Okay all, I'm back to the endless task of unpacking while Ava AND Curt nap the afternoon away. Hopefully I can pry myself away from this computer and get some stuff done. I'm feeling SO unmotivated today...

BLAH!!! :-)

2 comments:

Jody, Shaye, Madelyn, and Delaney said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the pics of her trying to climb out of her chair!! Too Funny!! I can't believe you only have just over 8 weeks left... I look forward and dread that day. I have a love/hate relationship with England ;-)

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Don't worry, I don't know the amount I should be feeding Cameron either. I just "wing it"...and seeing as how we had a projectile situation a few hours ago, which ended up all over ME, I guess I still need to work out some kinks. :-)