Wednesday, June 17, 2009

"No, Ava!"

Is it sad that Ava, at 8.5 months knows what the word "No!" means? Haha, I think it's hysterical! I will say that I spent a majority of my childhood, and my majority I mean enough to know I was a trouble maker, sitting on the step. Did you "sit on the step"? It was our family's version of a "time out". What a weird punishment, don't you agree? I was definitely the wild child sister and my biting and bossy ways ended with my tiny behind planted on the steps in an effort to teach me a lesson. SO FUNNY! Anyway, back to the point. Ava had pulled herself up yesterday and once she was standing up she leaned over the back of the couch and grabbed hold of my Mom's lace curtains. So, I said, "No, Ava" and gently pulled her hand away. She looked at me in frustration and went right back to the curtain. Again, I reached out for her hand and said, "No, Ava" and before she reached it she smiled at me and froze, waited, and then quickly reached AGAIN! Sneaky little bugger. During her final attempt she got mad and plopped back down and whined. SO FUNNY.

I wonder if I will make Ava sit on the steps? Yuck, I don't even want to think about the kind of discipline I will need to use in the future. Curt and I have already, even while Ava was in the womb, had many discussions on how we will discipline Ava but I won't go into that on here because I know that everyone has a different view on how to raise their child. Just know that certain versions of punishment make me sad. Can't she just remain perfect forever?

***Update: Ava pulled the curtain again today and when I said, "no, Ava"...she laughed...multiple times. Nice...

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Oh my goodness! This is too funny...Cameron is learning NO as well, especially since he loves to spit and blow raspberries right when you put a scoop of food in his mouth. While it is cute in some ways, I don't necessarily enjoy the feeling of sweet potatoes all over my arms, chest, face, and clothing. I'll say "No", and he'll look at me...and as soon as I look down to get the next scoop of food, he'll spit again. Crafty little buggers, aren't they?!?!