Thursday, June 25, 2009

Father's Day...And Other Stuff!


We had a great time last weekend getting together to celebrate Father's Day. I sure wish that Curt were there so we could love on him in person, but he was pretty happy with my (debut) video that we made for him so that made things a little better. We all enjoyed some of my Mom's baked ziti and just sat around enjoying each others company. Standard.

Curt gets home in a few days. YIPEEEEEEEEEeeeee!!! Maybe she's holding out on starting to crawl forward until her Dada gets home. Honestly, wouldn't surprise me one bit. She loves to give him her monumental firsts (ie: the first smile and her first "word"). I mean, I don't spend every waking minute with the girl so I shouldn't expect much, right? :) In all honesty though, I think it's so awesome that Curt gets to experience the big things because as you all know, work keeps him away a lot, so she can shower him with her coolness as much as she wants when he's here. We're still waiting on the first, yes, the FIRST tooth to crack through those gums. I can't even write with certainty that she's about to cut one either because if you read this blog, you will know that I have made this assumption before and have been waaaay off. So, who the heck knows when we'll see them come in. What I do know is this. Ava has been a drooly, runny nose, crab cake for the past 3 days. She even has a low grade fever and has given me some "interesting" diapers to go along with it. I'm exhausted just writing it! So please, PLEASE, let this be teething for REAL this time. Eh, who knows. I'm done guessing.

Still no concert pictures to put up because Miss Mariel has to yet to fork over her camera so I can upload them. We are going to the Kenny Chesney concert this Saturday and I'm pretty pumped about that. I love me a good tailgate!

I guess I will keep you up to speed on (the lack of...) Ava's teething!

Here are some pictures from Sunday. If you're my FB friends, which I think you probably are, you've already see them. I guess these can be for the few of you left on this planet who have not succumbed to the phenomenon that is FaceBook.

Enjoy!
PS: Stating the obvious, I am totally crushing on Black and White pictures lately. Loves it.






2 comments:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Okay, I've been seriously wondering the exact same things about Cameron! Drooling to beat the band, low grade fever, suddenly has some cold-ish symptoms (he's got gooey eye stuff the last two days)...and his bottom gums have what feels like two little bumps. COME ON ALREADY! And while you are okay with Ava waiting a few days for some things so Curt can experience them, I want Cameron to hurry up because Jason deploys in two weeks!! So Cameron needs to say "dada" (since he's been saying "mama" for three months now) and get his first tooth already! Sheesh!!

Jennifer Magreevy said...

And, I think it will be soooo amusing if Ava and Cameron get their first tooth on the same day. :-) Maybe A.J. will join in on the fun!!