About 9 months ago Curt did something unimaginable! Now, he's a pretty smart guy so this will have to go down as one of his not so smart moments. He was told that the plug on our Dell desktop was dual voltage and he could plug it into an adaptor and then right into the wall. I guess you could say he needed more information because he learned very quickly that there is a small red switch on the back of the tower you need to flip BEFORE you do this. If you could only imagine the bang/crack/smashing sound that I heard down the hall you would know how we instantly realized that he made a big mistake. It sounded like a firework went off and all I said was, "ARE YOU OKAY?". His response was "dammit"...and then silence.
We then said goodbye to all our files and such that weren't saved yet on the external hard drive and decided that we needed to get our other desktop up and running.
The point of this long story is that when Curt blew up our computer he destroyed our wireless. Yes-no laptop. No Internet. I was so bummed!!! After months and months of being too busy to work on it, being TDY, and even failed attempts to fix it...our wireless is FIXED! I've been planted in front of the IMAC in our bedroom for a considerable amount of time (ummm, all day!) with Miss Ava napping and waking up to play right by my side. It's been wonderful...
Aaah, the little things in life really make my day lately.
Finally, last I looked we have over 400 pictures (yes-400+) of Ava to upload and share. Expect them shortly...
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah.....Jason did that not once, but TWICE to our computers over there. :-) You would have thought he'd learned...and sadly enough, when we took it once to get it repaired at a British computer shop, told them it was an American power supply, they STILL plugged it into their outlet and blew it again! How ridiculous is that??? So glad to be back in the States where I don't have to worry about that stuff...and I can't wait to see new pics of Miss Ava!!!
glad to have you back and "connected" to the world...i've missed you!
Post a Comment