A few of you did these great "Thankful" posts around Thanksgiving and I have been meaning to sit down and get together a list of my own. I'm so thankful for so many things in my life and even when I'm having the worst of days I usually stop, if only for a second, to remind myself that I am pretty blessed in this life. I'm sure I could go on forever but I will keep it short and sweet.
1. My family. First and foremost. What would I do without them? Curt and Ava, my parents and sisters, my awesome in-laws... I am so glad I realize that it's the personal relationships that we form and maintain in our lifetime is what's most important at the end of the day. I really, honestly couldn't imagine life without any of these people in it. They are, without a doubt, what matter the most to me.
2. AVA! (Yes-she gets her own number!) Curt and I know that we are so fortunate to have the opportunity to raise a child together. I really don't know how to put into words how much she has changed our lives for the better. Some days are long and can be tough but when all is said and done, we wouldn't be complete without her. She's growing up fast and although it's wonderful to watch her change before our very eyes, I already miss the little 8 pound girl that we brought home 11 weeks ago. I often find myself daydreaming about the days to come when she is able to do more things with us! I know I've said it a million times before but I just love her so much. And I know I might be a little biased but I'm pretty sure she's the most beautiful baby there ever was...seriously! ;)
3. Curt's career. Yes-he works A LOT but I'm pretty okay with it. First off, I'm sure that I have yet to meet another person who loves their job as much as he does. How lucky is he? He works really hard and I feel that it's definitely paying off for him. We're both really excited to see where his career is headed next. Oh, and he looks pretty darn cute in that flight suit as well, although that's really just a perk for me. It's also great to know that in this economy crisis his job is as secure as it can get. No layoffs in our future! In addition to that, I am fortunate to be a stay-at-home Mom for as long as I wish and be comfortable enough to know that our family will be provided for and that feels pretty nice. (On a side note-I'm pretty blessed with my job as well and can't wait to get back in the classroom!) Finally, we are so lucky to be going on our 4th, yes count them, 4th year living overseas. I know people who go their whole lives without leaving the continental United States and here we are, able to gallivant Europe like it's nothin'! My Mom once said to me, "What are you doing this weekend?" and I responded, "Going to Belgium"! Nice...
4. Our health. Enough said...
5. My faith. Now, Curt and I have been struggling to get ourselves to church and honestly, we have no good excuse so I won't even waste time writing down the reasons we are at home on a Sunday morning. I do know, however, that I am a strong believer in my God and that no matter what there will always be a higher power out there taking care of me and the ones I love.
6. Our friends. I have the best set of friends at home in Pennsylvania as well as in the military that I now think of as family. A great friend of mine wrote this to me in the summer and I feel like it sums up the meaning of friendship in a wonderful way:
Friendship: what a complex idea. One that is hard to describe. However, it is a topic in the English language that is commonly differentiated by various adjectives. Best friend, close friend, long distance friend, trusted friend, work friend, beloved friend, high school friend, etc. But, no matter what adjective you use to describe friendship, the meaning does not change. Friends are the people we trust, care about, and love. The people who we share fun memories with and can laugh and cry with. They are unlike family who are limited and cannot be chosen. Instead friends are diverse and numerous and are a direct reflection of the choices we make in life.
It's wonderful knowing that even though I'm an ocean away I still have my girls at home eagerly awaiting our arrival back to the states. These are my "lifetime friends" and I need them like I need my family.
I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year!
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hope you all enjoy your first Christmas together as a family of 3!!! Can't wait to see you all back here in the states :) Ava is just so cute, I love it!
Hope you have an even better 2009! I am looking forward to your arrival back in the US and for meeting Ava! Congrats and I hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment