Sunday, December 21, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Naptime

Saturday's are tough! Ava and Dad need time to unwind:


Dad + Pacifier = Heaven


Nap beginning in T-3...2...1...GO!


Someone loves her big, snugly Dad!


"Don't bug us! We're busy bonding!!!


Each Saturday Ava and her Dad meet up around 4 or 5pm for their weekend nap. What's the difference between all her regular naps? Well, this nap is super special because she sleeps directly ontop of Curt and they go into their snooze session while college football is on and there is a fire roaring in the fireplace. She LOVES it and it's the only time she sleeps on her belly. I hear this is the way infants like to sleep, but shouldn't. Hmmm. What else will they warn us about?

Anyway, Curt starts talking about this Saturday nap on FRIDAY nights and I really love it because it's something I can rely on when I want to have some alone time. I'm usually 2 feet away on the other couch with the laptop shopping and snacking. I guess you can say we are creatures of habit. We have our thing goin', and we like it...

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Jason does the same thing! He absolutely loves what he calls "daddy cuddle time", which in laymans terms is "lets both take a nap so you're up all night and Mommy has to deal with it." :-) But I have tons of pics of the two of them sacked out on the couch!