
For my faithful blog readers, I apologize for my lack of posting in the past few weeks. Thankfully over the past 24 hours I have gotten all caught up. As you will see below I have done about 12 or so posts in the past 2 days! Lots of pictures and little stories to go along with them. I'm sure there are TONS of spelling and grammer errors, but I was on a role and didn't do much editing on each one. Either way, Enjoy!
In other updates...here we go! Curt, Ava and I were thinking that our departure from the UK would be in March. Well, for the zillionth time it has changed yet again and we will be here now until June. I know. Crazy. But this is life in the military and thankfully I'm super flexible so to tack on 2 more months after 4 years isn't too big a deal. My family has been given the news and like me, they have learned that it's not "official" until I step foot in the USA.
Ava had her two month check up about two weeks ago and the results are in. She's in the 97% with her weight settling in at 12 lbs 15 oz. She's in the 75% with her height (and I'm a terrible parent and have NO idea what it is...) Either way, the pediatrician thinks she's doing well! The only problem we are still dealing with is the dang thrush!!! Go away already... I think we had to give her the most aggressive treatment which is some purple junk that coats her mouth. Seriously, it looks like a pen exploded on her tongue and lips. If this doesn't work, we're done. I will resort to just a pump and bottle feeding schedule. I feel bad but I want to nurse for at least a year but I don't want to medicate Ava for the entire year. So, we'll see how it goes.
She's doing a lot more in terms of her developmental growth as well. She smiles at Curt and I all the time-as well as strangers! She is loving her Baby Einstein gym which has prompted me to start reading her books! She loves and appreciates the pictures so much more now. She is staying awake a lot more now throughout the day an taking naps that last anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours. Here is the best news: Ava now sleeps about 6-8 hours each night without waking up for a midnight feeding. We have noticed that she is demanding more to eat throughout the day in terms of quantity at each feeding so we know she's prepared to lose that mid-night meal. It's wonderful in terms of my sleeping as well. In addition to her sleeping through the night, she wakes up in the morning to eat and then falls back asleep when she's done for about 2-3 more hours. LOVE IT. Finally, Ava is talking up a storm! She now talks to Mom and Dad AND her friend the caterpillar and the bird. I notice that if I am walking about the room cleaning, Ava will babble her heart away to her friends. I wonder what they're discussing?
I'm sure I'm forgetting things but now that I'm all up to date I will have an easier time blogging and bragging on a more regular basis.
Like I said, there is tons of new posts below so definitely check it out!

4 comments:
Oh my, she's grown so much! And what a cutie pie!!!! Love all the posts...its amazing and believe me, it keeps getting better :) Wish you all nothing but the best! Can't wait til your back in the states!
Yay! It was great to see all the cute Ava pics, and get the updates on you guys :) She is so darn precious, Moe...I just love her!
Ava is probably just discussing her day. The caterpillar needs to know the trials and tribulations of a growing little girl. :-) My niece used to line up her stuffed animals and tell them about her day: you could hear her say specific words about what she did that day, who she saw, etc. It was really cute! Cameron does the same thing with his blue elephant. Whatever...as long as they are happy!! :-)
Moe- Ava is just beautiful...love her cheekers! Looks like you and Curt make babies like me and Scott...little chunkers. A & Z were in the 90th percentiles too - LOVE IT! Aren't those rolly thighs the best? Glad to hear she is sleeping so long for you at night. God is fooling you...it only happens with the first baby! :) Enjoy the sleep. Miss you guys.
Post a Comment