At the risk of giving out too much information, I will keep this quick. I had my 38 week appointment this morning and learned that I am ONE WHOLE CENTIMETER dilated! Yes, that's right, just one little centimeter. Hey, one's better than none! My next appointment isn't until next Tuesday so we'll see what happens over the next 9 days. Baby is in the downward position and getting herself ready for life in the real world. We're ecstatic, as you can tell, to meet her soon! I asked the nurse to guess when she thinks we might finally meet her and although she was hesitant to give us even a ballpark idea, she said I will probably be pretty close to my due date, which isn't until next Thursday.
Oh, and here's an update on the Maternity Ward renovation! I learned that they are going to be "open for business" this Thursday morning so hopefully BGD stays put until at least then.
FINALLY, Curt and I will be hearing about his assignment in a few weeks so that's got us all excited as well. There is so much going on these days...it's very crazy in a good way!!! (You probably assumed as much seeing that I feel the need to over use the exclamation point on every other sentence.)
We'll keep you posted!
Monday, September 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
You are nearly there...can't believe she'll be joining us any day now. We're looking forward to meeting her! Put your feet up and enjoy the peace and quiet. :)
You can totally feel your excitement through your posts! I'm so excited for you, you will be such a wonderful mother. And your little girl will be here SO soon!
Holy crap! I bet you are so excited because I am so excited for you! It is just so amazing that you will soon meet your daughter! Fingers are crossed for an easy delivery and for her to wait until the maternity ward is open! I just can't get over how fast your pregnancy went!!!! Thanks for keeping us posted. I feel like I have been there for everything!!!
Wow, a whole centimeter! You might be joking about it...but I'm totally jealous! I'm still closed up tight with nothing going on but a bunch of Braxton Hicks!! And I can't wait to hear where your next assignment will be...I bet you get somewhere nice. Although Tinker isn't too bad...hee hee. Best of luck on holding BGD in until the renovation is complete!! :-)
AHHH! ALMOST THERE!!! I am so happy for you, Mama!! Cant wait to see the princess! Best of luck for a quick and easy deleivery! Love you!
I will be thinking about you so much over this next week!! This is such a wonderful and exciting time!! You will love being a mommy!! It is the best!
Post a Comment