Friday, September 19, 2008

"Her's Havin' A Baby!"


Yes, that is what a 5 year old screamed and pointed in my direction as I walked past her in the hallway today at work. It was great! Curt and I squeezed in a 38 week shot this morning before I headed off to school and I know you just LOVE my "Lakenheath Elementary School" Spirit Day shirt! Stylin'...
Thankfully it fits great so I was happy to sport that blue polo all day long. It's all about the comfort these days.



I have a doctors appointment this coming Monday to check and see if there is any progress goin' on...and to be honest, I'm praying there ISN'T! Not yet at least. The maternity ward on base isn't accepting labor and delivery patients starting this Monday through Friday of next week due to the moving of equipment to the new floor. Yes, that's right. BGD (Baby Girl Dougherty...still no name) is hopefully going to sit tight until this big move takes place! Here's to hoping!

It seems as though my 4 week stint at work is just about up! The new teacher is inbound, literally. She catches her flight tonight and hopes to be in processing on Monday with a start date of Tuesday. I'm so happy that I worked these past 4 weeks because it may have been the fastest 4 weeks of my entire pregnancy. Perfect timing I might say. I was told that the last month always seems to last a lifetime but in my case I think it was the exact opposite. I'm looking forward to veggin' out the next two weeks and just waiting for BGD to make her grand entrance.

Curt took his 8 hour "Dad's Class" today and I can't wait to hear how it went! I do know that they take the time to put diapers on baby dolls and swaddle them...so I think we all know I wish I were there to see that! Honestly, I'm sure he did great. He is in permanent "Dad Mode" and there's no turning back!

We'll be sure to keep you updated over the next few weeks....only a matter of time now!

4 comments:

Segal Party of 4 said...

Moe - You're looking great! Enjoy these last couple of weeks with Curt. - K

Jen said...

seriously, i think you may be the cutest pregnant person i have ever seen! I hope things go well the last few weeks! Here's to our count downs!!!! Hit me up when you get a chance.

Carrie said...

I really miss those Lakenheath Elementary shirts...how is the place anyway? Everyone will miss you after you're gone.

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Glad you enjoyed your four-week stint at LES! I miss teaching...and can't wait to find a job here after staying home with the baby for a few months. And I agree with what others have said...you are just too doggone cute for being THIS PREGNANT!! No fair...I'm swollen up like a freakin' balloon with feet the size of saucers! :-)