Here we go!!! This is the latest after my doctor's appointment this morning for my 39/40 week check up. I am now just about 3 cm dilated and 30% effaced! (well, she said a healthy 2 cm-but just about 3 cm!) For my 5 male readers out there, sorry if this is a lil too much for you! I also had a membrane sweep done as well so hopefully that speeds things along. That quick procedure rates pretty low on the comfort scale, if ya know what I mean, but I was a trooper. We do have a 41 week stress test scheduled, but only because that is normal procedure just in case I do make it to next Thursday without having the baby yet. Our nurse is feeling pretty good that she will see Curt and I back in the hospital sometime in the next few days, if not by the weekend. I took that as a great sign but also reminded myself that NO ONE can predict your actual due date so I decided that I will just sit back and patiently wait. Curt is going to be flying a lot this week but I have permission to call the front desk at any time and tell him to turn his lil plane around and come home if I think anything is about to happen!
Our house has officially been taken over by baby things. It's out of control. We were super spoiled with gifts and I'm still writing "thank you" cards. Totally worth it though, this little girl has more stuff than we do! I just had an awesome Baby Shower at school and after a quick count learned that I have 57 people to thank...can you believe that? My co-workers are great, I miss working already!
Well, I could write for days but it's time to get back to business as I realize that I don't think this house will ever be 100% ready for the Baby, but we'll do our best. We are just so excited to love on her, stare at her, and just MEET her! Our daydreaming is distracting us from doing anything productive.
Finally, congratulations to Chris and Jen Wee who welcomed a Baby Boy into this world this morning!
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Its amazing how fast the time goes :) In less than a week (hopefully :)) you will be holding her in your arms! :):):) Can't wait to hear the news! I will be thinking of all of you and praying for a quick & easy delivery!! Best of Luck, Mommy!!
Wow, that's great that you are progressing quickly!! If you have your baby on Friday too....that will just be really cool! :-) Best of luck organizing and writing all those thank you cards, and good luck with welcoming Baby Dougherty into the world!
Sounds like your body is prepping itself for the big day! Any time now...
I'm sending positive vibes your way and will be thinking of you!
You may be the Wees neighbors...you never know!
yeah!!!! that is great! Thanks for sharing. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to hear when she arrives! I will be looking for an email from your mom or Mariel! Best of luck and I hope you have a quick and easy delivery. Love you
Hurry up - the suspense is killing me!!! :)
Post a Comment