Sunday, August 17, 2008

Shriver's Salt Water Taffy

Growing up, I lucky enough to be taken down the shore each Summer to spend a blissful week in Sea Isle City for a family vacation. We did it all: full days on the beach, mini golf, boardwalk shopping, seafood dinners, amusement rides, the works! As I got older and into High School I started making those weekend trips, week long trips, and even day trips into New Jersey and Maryland to get my beach fix with family as well as friends. I really couldn't get enough of it. Living in England has made those trips these past couple years few and far between and I have to admit, each summer as I watch and listen to my friends and family take their trips to the beach, I realize that I still long for the sights, sounds, and smells of the Atlantic! I just love it when you are making the quick two hour drive to the beach and the feeling that comes over you when you get that first smell of salty, sea water in the warm and humid air. It instantly takes me back to my childhood.


I guess where I'm going with this is the other day we received a big box full of goodies from Momma Dougherty. (She totally spoils us and the baby rotten, it's great!) Of all the great things inside, I was the most excited about the one box of Shriver's Salt Water Taffy that she picked up for us while she was at the beach. I wonder if she even realizes how happy that made me? I have never left the beach without a box of Salt Water Taffy, never, and even though I didn't make it to the Jersey Shore this summer I still managed to get a box!

It's amazing how something so small can make you feel so at home. It's the little things in life I guess, that make us really happy.

www.shrivers.com

1 comment:

Jen said...

I know exactly how you feel! I love the memories that I have of family trips to the shore. Just think of all the memories your little girl is going to have of you taking her to the shore when you move back to the states!