
Yes, that's right, I'm back to work. I know last week I had mentioned my disappointment in not being able to apply for a teaching position this year because of all the exciting things going on in our lives, but things have changed! Last night I received a call from my principal asking me if I would like to be a substitute in one of the third grade classrooms at our school. We are still waiting for a new teacher to get here so they were desperate for someone to temporarily fill in and I, of course, jumped at the opportunity! I talked it over with Curt and we decided that because he is still in the states and I just love to teach (and be busy) that this was just a blessing in disguise. Some might think I'm crazy, but this is actually more relaxing to me than sitting at home...I swear! I feel so productive and happy when I'm at work so the timing is actually perfect. This stint should take me almost to the end of September and my Boss was adamant in letting me know that the second I didn't want to work anymore I should let him know and he would find my replacement. I'm super happy with the way things worked out, especially since I will be working with older students, which is so different from what I am used to in Kindergarten!!! Although I loved my Kindergarten classes, it will be so great to experience something new, if only for a few weeks.
So, back to lesson planning!

2 comments:
Yay for you!!! I'm so excited and 3rd grade will be so different (and great for the resume). Have fun teaching cursive writing...will you get to that by September?!?
That is awesome! Congrats on the job. Yeah!
Post a Comment