Sunday, August 10, 2008

32.3 Weeks


Here we are, just moving right along! I guess I shouldn't have been wearing such a dark shirt for this picture, but you get the idea. I'm growing and there is no denying that! Curt is off in Vegas so this picture was taken by my MOM! Yes, my Mom is visiting me here in England for about two weeks. I will have tons to post on that shortly. She was even able to come with me to my 32 week appointment last week. It was a routine appointment so nothing too exciting to report! Her latest craze is taking either her elbow or her knee and socking me in the right side of my stomach. Even though she takes my breath away when she does it, I always smile afterwards because I'm just reassured that she's active and well and to me that's the greatest feeling.


So, back to my Mom!!! The biggest thing we have going on here is that I am learning to cook. I figured now was as good a time as any. My sisters and I were totally spoiled growing up in that my Mom loves to cook and bake so much, that we never had to do it on our own. We're talking Pot Roast, Lasagne, Chicken (of every variety), Turkey, Pastas, Fresh Produce....EVERYTHING was cooked by her and to perfection. (Spoiled? Yes!). Although I'm not complaining in the least bit, we always had a great meal in front of us. But, the time has come for me to start preparing some well balanced family meals, especially with the baby on the way. I'm thinking that Campbell's soup and Macaroni and Cheese isn't going to impress my little girl all that much. FYI: My house has never smelled this great, never!
The secondest biggest thing: SHOPPING! Man, can we shop! Baby Girl Dougherty has a growing wardrobe (NO-still no name!) and she is going to be stylin'...I promise you that!
Other than that, we've been sleeping in and watching the Olympics. Super laid back, and I love it...

2 comments:

Jen said...

OMG! You look amazing! I am so happy for you and I can't believe you are so close to being a mom! So wonderful! I can't believe you are over there and not here. You are so missed! Can't wait to see you and meet the new little one!!!

Segal Party of 4 said...

So fun and it makes me miss MY mom (who will be arriving to visit me in just 3 weeks...yaaa!). You look great. Enjoy these last couple months of peace and quiet (and sleeping in.). :)