Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Best Of Both Worlds

Okay, so I have to admit that with the school year about to start in just a few short days, I keep finding myself a little (well, maybe more than "a little") sad that I won't be teaching this year. It's just that I love it so much that it's hard for me to sit back and watch it all begin without being a part of it. Of course I will be volunteering, but it's not quite the same. I wasn't able to apply for a teaching position this year for many reasons, one of them being that Curt and I have no idea when we will be leaving England, but it will most likely be before the school year is over is June. I was offered by my principal the opportunity to be sponsored if Curt were to be given an assignment and need to move, which I thought was so nice of him! However, I thought to myself, Curt and I already spend so much time apart that I would never want to add to those days of separation. I couldn't imagine living over here without him! The second and most important reason: I'm about to have a BABY!!! So, in reality, I actually do have a job, and an important one at that. I would hate to look back in a few years and realize that I missed out on some of the most important years of our baby's life. It was then that I realized I do have the best of...it all! I had to remind myself that there will always be work and having the opportunity to take some time off to start a family is a blessing.

I wouldn't change this life for anything. Curt and I are so blessed in so many ways.

2 comments:

taralohse said...

Moe- you are going to be such a great mom-
I cant wait to meet this little one

Jason, Liz, and Caroline said...

Staying home with your little girl will be the most amazing time of your life!

She is almost here! :)