Here are the latest pictures of my ongoing expansion. I always get amazed when I compare myself to the last set of pictures we take because I never really feel like I've grown all that much. My great friend Deena is here visiting me and she graciously took these pictures because as you all know, Curt is still at SOS. I can't wait to hear his reaction on my new look because he hasn't seen me in about 3 weeks.
Baby Girl Dougherty is a MOVER! I love it. Watching my stomach wiggle and pop is one of the best things going on right now. What's also pretty neat is that no matter what time of the day it is, where I am, or what I'm doing, as soon as I get Curt on the phone she starts squirming like crazy! He seems to think it's because my mood changes when we talk (happy!!!) and I think he's right. It's so cool. Deena came with me today to my doctor's appointment to go over the ultrasound results as well as some blood work that I had done a while back and I'm happy to say that everything came back normal and that's always good news! :) During the exam the tech checks for a heartbeat and it was kinda funny because everytime we started to hear the faint sound, "thump thump thump"...I could feel her move away! It was a little cat and mouse game there for a while but like always, she settled down and we got a nice loud, steady beat in the 140's.
We are still without a name for our baby although we do have a couple on the table. We are also debating on whether or not we will keep the name a surprise or not, I know I know---sorry!!! I have already gotten some negative feedback on that idea and we don't really have a specific reason on why we will do this, it's just something we're thinking about.
Curt will be home in a few weeks and I'm definitely happy about that, I'm missing him a lot while he's away. SOS seems to keep him pretty busy and thankfully that is making the time go quickly. Yes, it's still hot there.
Finally, Deena has been the BEST since she got here last week. She's taking care of me and keeping me company---she is an amazing friend. She even vacuumed AND cleaned our bathrooms! The highlight of our visit (so far) was a much anticipated trip to Sloane Street in London where we indulged and each bought new purses from the fabulous Louis Vuitton store. Like me, Deena loves her bags so it was awesome to take this shopping excursion with her.

I will have some more fun pictures to post next week!

5 comments:
I definately understand the secret name thing. Most people were really nice and said "what a pretty name" but a few said things like "Eww, I knew someone named that and I HATED her" or "oh, well, that doesn't really sound very nice with your last name, does it?" (You have to read both those with a snotty voice!) I wanted to say "shut up, fattie" but you know what a nice girl I am so I refrained. hee hee. Also, what happens if you tell everyone once you decide and people buy you monogrammed gifts, then when she's born you look into her little eyes and change your mind...awkward. So I say, keep a secret (except from me of course...just kidding)!
I agree with your friend Carrie...I always blurted out our names for the boys, and I was a little annoyed at some of the feedback I got with Luke (never an issue with Jake, just Luke!) I was always hearing how feminine it was...oh well :) So yes, keep it a secret :) you could also just throw a few names out there to get people off your back ( I know how annoying the question can get!!)
ALSO, keep the pics coming!! I never took pregnancy pics, and I SO wish I did...seeing yours just makes me wanna scrapbook them :):) So fun!
We kept Caroline's name a secret. People were irritated that couldn't know the name ahead of time, but it was so much fun for Jason and me to have a little secret between the two of us. Plus, it was sooo much fun to share her name with everyone when she was born. Since we didn't get to do the whole "It's a girl!" thing, it was great to be able to announce her name.
That being said, I can't wait to find out what name you pick (whenever you decide to share it!).
P.S. You look soo great. You are all belly!
Hi Mo- that is so sweet about how your little girl starts squirming when you talk to Curt I love that. I cant wait to catch up with you soon!
Tell your little sweet pea- i said hi!
Moe you are sooooo cute!! I wanna give you a big hug!!!
Post a Comment