Well, as you can tell by the drastic change in the colors of my blog, I'm still pretty excited that we are having a GIRL! Oh, the possibilities. It actually makes me reminisce back to when I was younger and my sisters and I used to give my mom the hardest time when she was dressing us all up in these (what I can now truthfully say) beautiful, girly dresses and custom outfits all the way from the wool dress coats to the many pairs of shoes (keds for playtime and keds for "show").
I'm sorry Curt, but I have been "trained" by the Master.
Basically, every day I am learning that I am more and more like my Mom! I think we all kind of knew this from the start but now that I am about to become a Mother myself, I am reminded that there is no denying the similarities between us, big or small.
Here are some life lessons that my Mom has graciously (and unintentionally) passed on down to me:
1. I can NEVER have too many purses! She taught me to "feel the leather" to know the quality.
2. Some of my best work is done under pressure (and in the wee hours of the morning).
3. I have no idea what the meaning of "No" is...and have yet to successfully use the word.
4. I am willing to drive to the ends of the earth to get my hair cut and colored from someone I trust. (record to date? 7 hours...)
5. I never put my credit card back in the correct slot and have random rolls of money and receipts in every fold and crevice of my purse.
6. I have been known to lose my keys within minutes of putting them down.
7. I spend waaay too much money on clothes!
8. I strongly believe that ironing your clothes is just as important as cleaning them.
9. I couldn't picture myself in any other profession outside of Education.
10. I'd do anything for my family, anything.
I think that's a pretty decent batch of things I have inherited and I can't wait to pass them down to my little girl. So cool...
Friday, June 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment