Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Love Country Music

Considering the rising cost of gas these days, it's unfortunate that I take a slightly longer route to work each day so I can listen to some music in the car. It's actually really theraputic for me to drive alone and just listen to my ipod. Anyway, I'm totally obsessed with a song these days mainly because no matter how tired or grumpy I am, it somehow manages to put me into a better mood. I'm not sure how much any of you like country music, but I LOVE IT!

My new favorite song? Kenny Chesney's "Never Wanted Nothin' More". If you haven't heard it, you should totally check it out. The chorus is my favorite part:

"Well I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
I'm sure happy with what I've got
I live to love and laugh a lot
And thats all I need"

Oh, and Carrie Underwood does this amazing and powerful version of "How Great Thou Art" that is just beautiful! If you haven't seen this yet, definitely check it out. I attached it below...

1 comment:

Segal Party of 4 said...

I'm with you - country music is the BEST! Oh, and I must be SOOO pregnant and hormonal these days because Carrie Underwoods version of "How Great Though Art" is making me weep (a little). :) LOVE that song!!!! - Kim