Thursday, May 27, 2010

All About Ava

Here's a quick update on the boss of the place. Literally! She's run me ragged these past few weeks and I think she knows it! I'm wiped out, friends.

Ava has been working on her new words and phrases like a champ! Here is just some of the new things I hear all day, every day:
-"et's go ow-side" or "let's go outside!!!"
-"sh-icken" or "chicken"
-"da-dee" or "daddy". no more "da!"
-"mommy turn" (for when we're "taking turns")
-"of you" or "love you"
-"hug"
-"yucky"
-"tubby now?"
-"okay"...."okay, okay, okay..." lots and lots of "OKAY!"
-"rocks"
-"bugs" (we love finding rocks and bug outside. LOVE.)
-"pants", "bow", "shirt", "sock", and "shoes" are all part of her daily vocabulary.
Hmmm, that's about all I can think of now, she's working on new ones daily so it's hard to keep up!!!

(***And, Yes. It's okay if I brag about Ava. My blog. My brag.***)

I guess those are the new biggies? My mind is mush... I will say hearing her say "of-you" is about the best thing, ever.

She's also all about pointing out letters EVERYWHERE, or in her case, "ABC's". We've discovered shapes like "circle", "i-angle" (triangle), "quare" (square), and the oh so famous, "star"!. We're also big on colors. She's got the basics down, red-orange-yellow-green-blue, but the absolute favorite is definitely PINK. She finds pink things EVERYWHERE. Pink! Pink! Pink! We've been doing great with reading stories. Before she was interested in flipping through the pages but now she'll sit for a pretty decent size story that I read aloud to her. Sometimes over and over...and over! :) Ava is also a big sorter these days. She likes the farmer toys to be with the farmer toys and then blocks to be with the blocks. She's quite organized! Lately, when she's getting dressed each morning and then into her pj's at night, she likes to give her ensemble a quick once-over just to see what she's rocking out in. She likes it when there is some sort of a character, like a princess or a frog, that she can call out when she sees it. Oh, and if there is some "abc's" on the front, that's a big plus too. She loves to "cow-er" and "urn page" with her crayons. In less exciting news I've laid the hammer down with this whole eating business. Basically, I make a meal and she either eats it, or she doesn't. Today we have some toast with strawberry jelly and peaches on the side. Bust. Then she had some grilled cheese for lunch with peaches on the side. Bust. Dinner is set to be spaghetti and meat sauce and some bread with butter. Which, surely, will be a bust. My frustration is that Ava won't even TRY it. She lives on chicken fingers and that has got to stop. WIsh me luck as this first day is proving to be unsuccessful.

Okay, so my girl is doing great and I love sharing her awesomeness with anyone who will listen. Ugh. I'm officially one of those parents! Be sure to check out my FB videos!!! Lots to dance routines to see on there!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jody, Shaye, Madelyn, and Delaney said...

Oh how fun it would be to see these girls in action! Hmmm, not sure I'm coming out East anytime too soon though... Ava is a doll and love hearing all that she is learning. Way to go on the meal thing. Very hard but very worth it in the end! Toddlers are stubborn :) Happy decorating!