Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Things I'm Smiling About, Right Now.

1) Having my sweet little family all together again (for now...). Man, feels good to have Curt here in the house.


2) Ava growing up, lightening fast. I know, I know. Some people say they grow up so fast but for right now, I'm in complete awe watching her learn new things each day. I feel like what Curt and I are doing as parents is really having an impact on Ava. She's just so awesome, I love her to bits.


3) These sweet shoes my Mom bought for my birthday. Should be here any day now. Oh, the small things in life, like shoes, that really bring a big smile to my face.


4) Air Conditioning. Dude - it's crazy hot here in NC and me no likey. I'm one of the few people who hibernate in the SUMMER. Humidity and heat just put my in a bad mood.


5) This console table I'm trying to track down. Oh, how I love thee... I've been looking for a wrought iron console table ever since we moved into this house and I swear, this one is THE ONE.


6) My daily vitamin. I'm doing my best to eat a "well balanced" meal on most days, but sometimes I'm happy is just Ava eats. Ya know? I feel like every morning after I take my vitamin, I've done a little something good for my body. I honestly feel grumpy if I forget to pop one of those suckers...


7) Faux tanner. I'm 5 years sun free and it's been worth every minute. I'm avoiding premature aging of my skin AND lowering my risk for melanoma. (Umm, just the other day my friend Katie and I were out to lunch and she told me that someone close to her was diagnosed with melanoma and passed 3 months later. So, if that doesn't scare ya straight I'm not sure what will...) SPF 70! Do it!!! Oh, and my awesome daily vitamin has extra Vitamin D, holla!


8) Finally feeling like I'm ready to take on a new baby. Not prego, though!!!!! (Yet...)


9) Lots of family and friends are headed down for a visit in the upcoming months and I'm thrilled to have the company! Puts the pressure on to FINALLY have this house organized, decorated, and ready for entertaining!


10) ... To Be Continued ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Picture #1 MELTS my heart!!! Enjoy your family time!!!

Dori said...

Yeah Moe!! Two is busier, but way better : )