Monday, May 24, 2010

My Closet Inspiration

When Curt and I first got married, he learned pretty quickly how many magazines I always buy on a weekly basis. the first thing he did was get me some subscriptions so I wasn't paying full price! Any way, he saw how I essentially started hoarding them all in my room in an effort to hold onto the ones that had things inside of the that I really liked, which was a lot. Ummm, let's just say he made his thoughts on that stack of InStyle's pretty quickly so to keep everyone happy, instead of keeping the entire magazines I began ripping out the pages that I really liked.

Introducing: "The Book". (Clever, I know.) Those of you that don't really take an interest into clothing, accessories, etc., are going to find this a bit weird and boring. However, we each have our own "weird" obsessions and this just happens to be mine. So of you might day dream about fixing up houses, some of you may day dream about scrap booking, and then of course we have the big cookers and bakers and crafters out there. Me? I like the clothes, the bags, the jewels... That's me, and that's what I like. Correction. That's what I love.

So, here she is. It's, of course, broken down into categories and sections and organized ever so perfectly so I can reference particular things at different times. Sometimes, if I'm bored, I just go through the entire thing...front to back...and gaze at all the lovely things I've collected. I'm...actually...serious.


I've been updating the book the past few days with some new pages I've collected and also because I was searching for a couple new dresses. (For those of you that really know me, I KNOW, I already have enough dresses.) We have TONS of things coming up over the next few months so I wanted to see if there was anything out there that caught my eye. Well, there is. There's a lot.

I'm seriously loving a lot of neutrals with some subtle, and not so subtle, embellishments. These are all completely out of my price range but like pottery barn, I see what I want, and then try to find it at a reasonable price.




This is the one I walked away with. I'm seriously about to go back and get this beauty in black, too, because the price was a steal! I can totally picture this dress with a really pretty pearl cluster necklace like the one on Kim Raver and my hair in a loose side bun like Mischa. Hmmm, tough decisions, I know! :) You see! Saving my favorite pictures really helps with my brainstorming!





I tried to include some of my favorite pictures from my book but blogger is being a big, slow, pain in my rear. So... Not tonight.

I'm off to sleep but I hope to get up my post about Relay this past weekend! I have a couple great pictures to share with you. Oh, and if you're feeling like you need a little Ava fix, feel free to check out the 50 million videos I put on FB the past few days. I have a big Ava post coming up too! She's got lots of new things to share with everyone!!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Love it! I have the same thing for decorating. It's divided by room and season. Super fun post Moe!