
As the warm days are coming at us at a more consistent pace, I keep finding myself daydreaming about the days when Curt and I will be making a decision to "retire" and move somewhere of our own choosing. I think most of you know that I'm a northern girl at heart and all but despise the heat and overbearing humidity that is in the south. I just wasn't raised in this kind of a climate and even if I were, I think I'd still prefer to be somewhere north of Pa.
Yep, that's right.
I know that nowhere is perfect, but in my mind, I keep imagining a house for Curt and I somewhere in, maybe, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, even Maine! I'd like to live somewhere close to the coast where you can enjoy a nice (warm, not hot!) summer, but I love the idea of having a brisk, cool fall day and snowy, cold winters. I just crave that kind of weather. And yes, when the summer does roll back around, it's never overbearing and humid with temperatures in the upper 90's and even 100's. I mean, really? 100 degrees? Where are we, the desert?
So, if I could be neighbors with Ina Garten, stroll the streets of Boston in the Fall, walk the beaches and sight see in Martha's vineyard on the weekends in the summer, I'd be one happy camper.
Welcome to my "Happy Place". I'm sure these pictures look like they fell out a JCrew catalog (pre Jenna Lyons, of course).
Now, where'd I put my ruby red slippers?
"There's no place like home, there's no place like home..."












PS: Like my JCrew advertisement? Ha! If they're selling a lifestyle I'm SOLD! Where do I sign?
PPS: It's going to be helpful if Curt and I decide to become multi-millionaires in order to build a house with the rooms featured above. Hey, a girl can dream, right?

1 comment:
I wanna come, too! Before Josh got his assignment I told him I didn't care where we moved as long as he was happy AND I wanted a true fall season. Sooooo, Vegas? Fall? Beautiful leaves and crisp sweater weather? Hmmm, no. Good thing I love him a whole bunch!
Post a Comment