Wednesday, May 26, 2010

House Becoming A Home

Here are some new pieces I just ordered this week. Things are moving along!!! Curt has given me free reign to get this place in order (within reason, of course) so I've been a busy bee in regards to getting some random odds and ends. I'm about to take on the task of measuring for curtains and hanging something simple, yet dramatic enough, to make our large window in the kitchen have some life into it! I'm thinking some sort of a chocolate brown micro-suede material. We're both anti curtain, so this is a big step for us!

I found my beautiful wrought iron table online, as if there was ever any doubt, and it's going to get here next Wednesday. I've honestly never been so excited about a piece of furniture in my entire life.


Here are the other things I just bought this morning and should be arriving over the next few weeks.

I saw this mirror and instantly knew I had to have it. There are so many places it would fit just perfectly so I'm not sure where it will ultimately hang, but again, I love it.


So, I'm learning that I really, really, REALLY have a thing for wrought iron furniture. I just gravitate towards anything with some iron on it and have a lot of trouble looking away! We were in search of a computer desk for some time now and I'm glad I stumbled across this one. It had the option of coming with 2 drawers instead of 4 but we're all about functionality as well as overall appearance. So, this should work out great in the office. Plus, it will match the antique bookcase we bought in England. SOLD!


Yes, I need a full length mirror. NEED. You can only imagine my disappointment when I realized that they didn't have one to go along with the full bedroom set we just bought. Our BR furniture is quite dark in finish so although I knew it'd be difficult to match something completely, I think this will get pretty close.


I can't wait to take some pictures of the house once it's all finished! I'm pretty proud of myself for taking this on without second guessing my choices. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be very happy with the final result.

(The console table was purchased at homelivingstyle.com and the other three pieces were found at homedecorators.com. I was pretty impressed with the prices as homedecorators, not too bad! The console table? Well, lets just say that took some convincing on my part in order to get Curt on board. He actually really likes it and believe it or not, he'd sooner pay $$$ for a quality piece as opposed to $ for a cheap-o, junky piece.)

No comments: