
Dear Sweet Ava,
Your Grandma and Grandpa Quigley and your Grandmom and Grandpa Dougherty would LOVE to have you come to stay for a while Daddy is at school! We have a lovely place for you to stay while you are here and we have been busy getting it all ready for you!




We have even saved all of your Mommy’s and Aunt Colleen’s and Aunt Mariel’s Puffalumps for you to play with!

Your Grandma even saved your Mommy’s favorite party dresses to wear when you are a little bit bigger!

Your cousin AJ has even helped us select a broad assortment of toys and books and DVD’s for you both to play with when you have your special cousin playdates!


And Grandma and Grandpa Quigley and Grandmom and Grandpa Dougherty will babysit anytime you need us. We will read and sing and watch Barney and Elmo and the most exciting thing of ALL….. Grandma will hold you and rock you to sleep all the time! Because…
Cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
Babies grow up, much to our sorrow,
So dust go away, cobwebs to sleep…
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep!
I love you,
Grandma

2 comments:
Your Mom is too cute! I love the poem at the end. Definitely something I will need to remember for when I have children. Sooner then later we hope!
That poem is one of my favorites! I'm tempted to put it on my facebook EVERYDAY because I get so little done because I'm hanging with Maddie G.
Post a Comment