Well, based on the amount of times that was asked to me this past week I think it's safe to say that "I'm showing"! I would like to think that most people don't ask you if you're pregnant unless they're PRETTY sure the answer is going to be yes. I have to say that I am really excited to have a growing tummy and it was something I was really looking forward to for the past few weeks. Of course I know something is in there but just the sight of it growing is so exciting! Curt is also just loving the fact that there is something to finally see. He loves to come home from work and lie down with his head next to my belly to just be "near" the baby. It's very cool...
We have both been SO busy these past few weeks but we did manage to get another baby bump picture to post. As you can see my shirts are becoming a bit of a tight fit but thankfully, they still cover what needs to be covered. Also, in a little over 2 weeks Curt and I will be going in for the BIG ultrasound!!! Yes, the boy or girl question will be answered!!! Lots of people have been asking both Curt and I what we are hoping for and of course we give them the generic, standard, and VERY TRUE answer, "Either one would be great and we just pray they are healthy". The truth is, both Curt and I think that in a perfect world we would eventually have both a boy and girl so it really doesn't matter what order they come in. I think it is safe to say that I would be the expert in the girl department and Curt would be the go-to-guy for the boys. I'm girly...he's sporty...we knew that!
In other life news, looks like Curt will be headed to Alabama in a few weeks to get that fun-filled SOS out of the way! I am not sure where my summer plans will take me but I have a couple opportunities I might take advantage of. I could possibly go back to my parents house in late June and squeeze in a visit before my third trimester starts, or I could take a hop down to Alabama and spend some time with Curt. It's a toughie! Curt could possibly be away most of the Summer so more time with him would be great...but my family would love to see me pregnant and possibly throw a Shower in there, so what's a girl to do!?!?! Something to think about (quickly) I guess...
Finally, one of the great bonuses (and much deserved) perks of being a teacher is we have the wonderful summer OFF! I officially have 22.5 days of work left and I although I just love my job, I am ready for the break! It will be nice not to wake up at 5am and just sleep in for as long as I wish. I am looking forward to those lazy days, catching up with friends, and most of all preparing for baby. I really think this summer is going to just fly by! As most of you know, this weather we have been having has been quite unseasonable. Although I so love a warm Summer day, it's tough to truly appreciate when you don't have a screen in your window or air conditioning to turn on. Curt is about to get really crafty and try and build some screens for our windows so that I don't have to sit through a long and hot British summer. I'll be sure to take some pictures of that project. :)
Until next time...

1 comment:
If you go visit Curt in Alabama, I'm totally coming to see you...it's only 5 hours from here and that's close enough for Maddie & I!!!
Post a Comment