Great news! At just shy of 20 weeks, I have felt our baby move for the first time. So weird...so awesome...so perfect. It all happened so quickly but the instant I felt it, I knew. The funny thing is that people kept asking, "Did you feel the baby move yet?", and my only response could ever be, "I don't know...I don't think so...maybe?". Of course as soon as I said that everyone who has had children said, "No, then you didn't feel it yet." If I heard one more person describe it as a "flutter", I was going to scream!!! What's a flutter and what does that even mean????
Well, now I know.
I won't describe it, but I now know. So, so, so great. The first move was late Sunday night (Mother's Day!) and although Curt desperately wanted to feel something too, it's just not quite there yet. He REALLY tried and I had to kindly ask him to stop when he kept pressing his whole hand down on my stomach and pleading with me to stop and lie as still as possible. When I did, I felt it again and he felt nothing. Thankfully, we both know those big movements are just around the corner!!!
FYI: I will stop referring to the baby as "it" as soon as we find out if "it's" a boy or girl. :)
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congrats on feeling the movement...isn't it the most amazing thing ever?? Don't worry, Curt will be able to feel it soon enough. After I had Adam, I remember missing feeling the movement inside me! Enjoy! - Kim
Reading your blog is making me want to be pregnant again! The movement was my absolute favorite part of pregnancy! Wait until you SEE the baby move! And tell Curt that he will be able to feel the baby very soon!
~Liz
I had a tough time with the "flutter" mentality too...I described it as someone drumming their fingers lightly from inside. Now I'm getting kicked left and right, and there is no chance I'd mistake that for anything other than a very active baby!! :-)
Post a Comment