
I just went down to Washington D.C. this past weekend to visit one of my favorite military friends of all time. She has a new place set up right outside the district and a new life to go along with it. It was so great to spend about 18 hours catching up with what she’s been up to for the past year or so. It’s so wonderful to have friends that you can chat with non-stop and still never run out of material. She was an excellent tour guide and we did some drive-by ’s of some major monuments and government buildings. We spent most of our time in Georgetown shopping and attempting to get an overpriced cupcake. I’m really excited we went to “Sprinkles” because I watch “Cupcake Wars” on the Food Network ALL THE TIME and Candace, the founder, is one of the judges on that show. We tried to get a “Georgetown Cupcake” but the line was all down the block. No thanks! I think they must have been filming that day or something. That’s just crazy! Who knew cupcakes were going to be such a jackpot business idea?
So, I didn’t take any pictures. I’m a fool. I do have TWO pictures that were taken with our phones and my hair looks absolutely horrific. It was after midnight and my last shower was around 7 am that morning. Yikes.
I had a great time catching up with Abi and I made her promise a trip down to NC was in the near future. She hasn’t seen Ava since she was an infant! We’re long overdue.

No comments:
Post a Comment