Thursday, March 17, 2011

Mini Update

1. P90X? STILL CRUSHING IT. Arms muscles are like WOAH. Bragging? Of course I am! Wouldn’t you be if you had a body changing work out that you stuck with for 10 weeks and counting?!?

2. A new job. I’m all signed up for the job fair in April back in NC. The HR rep at Wayne County schools has made me promise to her on numerous occasions that I will DEFINITELY be attending. That sounds promising, right? My NC teaching certificate should be here in a few weeks and I’m researching a graduate program as we speak to get my last (20ish?) credits for a Masters Degree in Reading. I hope the first 20 I already took transfer!!! (Fingers crossed...). Either way, the first 6 credits I earn, hopefully this summer, will get my PA certificate reactivated. That baby transfers everywhere since it holds such high standards to achieve. God Bless you, PA, for making me work my booty off to get a degree. It’s paying off big time! Oh, and did I mention that I earned a 4.0 in my last Graduate Program? Yeah, Baby...

3. AC this weekend! Ringing in the big 3-0 in fashion and style with some amazing girlfriends. Now that will surely come with a TON of pictures! I have a cute new dress and a Juicy Couture faux fur coat to go along with it. Oh, and today will bring me some NEW SHOES. Giddy up!!!

4. Ava. Let’s see. She counts to 10 in SPANISH. Yes, Spanish. She’s a rock star at her new memory game, it’s amazing. She can sight read about 15 names from the people in our family and extended family. She’s also started drawing some shapes. Hey, hey fine motor skills! She can do a circle AND a triangle AND a square. My goodness. The amount of songs and dances she has memorized. Oy vey! Oh, and she’s amazing her teachers left and right at preschool, especially with her vocabulary. I go in to pick her up and they’re just astonished at what she already knows. (Big ol’ pat on the back for ME!). I hear things like, “We tried to teach her colors, but she already knows them. We tried to teach her shapes, but she already knows them. We tried to teach her the alphabet, but she already knows that...”. You catch my drift. The best part? Working with Ava is just PLAYING. There’s nothing in our daily activities that says “school”. She’s a sponge, she’s happy, she’s healthy, she’s smart, and she’s mine. ALL MINE. (Well, Curt’s too, but you know what I mean.). :)
She’s now wearing a 3T. Yes, 3T. Her foot won’t stop growing so she scored FOUR pairs of shoes from Stride Rite this past week from her Mimi Quigley. (Spoiled? You bet...). Gymnastics and Ballet are going wonderfully! She’s absolutely loves to run around and get her gross motor on. I feel like I have a lifetime of dance recitals and chorus concerts ahead of me. (YESSSS!!!!!)
I often hear from others, “How old is she?!?”. Ha! She’s 2.5 going on 16!! I think what I’m most proud to share is that Ava has the BEST MANNERS OF ANY TODDLER OUT THERE. Still. It’s always “please, thank you very much, no thank you...”. I’m so glad I’ve been home with Ava to raise her the way I felt was right. I have really high expectations for her preschool next year and I hope she just continues to grow and learn! Lots of Ava videos on FB, as always. Need to document her daily awesomeness, of course. I should add that Ava still has her toddler moments, which in reality, just adds to her cuteness of insisting on being independent. I can’t count how many times a day I hear, “No. I can do it by myself!”. Oh, and now that we’re here “sharing” with AJ every day, there’s also a lot of , “That’s mine!”. Fun!
Just the other day I was having fun joking around with Ava and she said, “Where’s Mimi?”, to which I responded, “She’s at work.”. Jokingly I said, “Where’s Ava?”, and she smiled and said, “I’m right here!”. It just goes to show how in a year she’s able to grasp some humor, use the correct pronouns, and make a full on, grown-up sentence. Amazing. I love watching her become a little girl with the way she talks to me. She likes to use the word, “Breakfast, lunch, dinner” when talking about food. “Mommy? Pizza for dinner? Orange crackers for snack?”. She also likes to strut her stuff when she gets dressed in the morning. (yay!!!!!!! yay for loving clothes!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!) When she’s dressed she goes to look for Curt, strikes a pose, and says, “Do you like my outfit? It’s sooooo cute!”. Ha! Work it, girl...

Okay, I could go on for YEARS. I’ll save some proud Mama moments for another post...

5. Curt. He’s a machine at work. The long hours and the dedication are still there. I’m amazed at how much time, energy, and effort he puts into his job and still manages to love what he’s doing. It’s quite impressive. Still waiting for the Major promotions list to come out. (They sure are takin’ their time, right?!). He has some exciting news coming up in the next couple weeks, but I’ll wait until he makes his general announcement to share. Lots of TDY’s and work related trips over the next couple months in preparation for the big “D”. (Can’t bring myself to say the word...yet.). Yucky. I guess the same ol’ same ol’ is good for Curt! Workin’ hard for our future. Amen.

6. Life. Overall, my friends, life is great. I have very little to complain about and so much to be happy and thankful for each and every day. We have a very busy year coming up but this family and united and ready to take it on! I’m ready for work (and, um, hello, a dual income again!), I’m ready to send Ava to a great school, I’m ready to sent my Captain America off to defend our freedom (well, not really “ready” but, I’m working on it...), I’m ready to continue to improve myself, my body, and my faith. This girl misses some church in her life. For someone who’s so reliant on my daily chats with God, I really need to find a church that leaves me in tears after a good message.

So, here’s to be 30.

CHEERS!

(PS: Be sure to look at the other post I wrote this morning on my newwwwww look! Taking 30 and changing it up a bit! Watch out!)

No comments: