Curt and I celebrated 6 years of being married to each other this past weekend in Charlotte, NC. Why Charlotte? Well, mostly because it was a change of scenery from our normal G'boro life and even the weekend trips that we
always take to Raleigh. We decided to bring Miss Ava along for the trip, which was great. However, Ava used to be awesome at long car rides and now? Not so much... We had all the appropriate entertainment but for some reason, she was OVER it from start to finish. Made it a tad stressful but we are still really happy she came along with us. We always sit around and miss her when she's not there!

We didn't do any major tourist attractions, mostly because of time. We left on Saturday morning and came back on Sunday afternoon. It's about a 4 hour drive so... There was a really fun kid-centered place we were hoping to try out but it wasn't even open until noon and since Curt had to go into work tonight and study, we didn't have time to wait. Bummer.

However, after much lusting and saving, I came home with this beauty. Yes, this bag is "end all, be all" for me. (Not the "last" bag, is that even possible?) :) Unless you truly love and appreciate timeless handbags like I do, you wouldn't understand the excitement and fulfillment I get from such a luxury item. I know I'll love this bag forever AND ever and someday, when she's ready, it will be Ava's. I was so excited to finally buy this bag that Curt was just as excited for me. About a purse. Madness.

To celebrate 6 years we reminisced, ate A LOT of good food, spent a lot of time with our feet up, watched A LOT of football...
SPEAKING of football! My gift to Curt was a couple of tickets to the Eagles game when we're home around Christmas. So, NO, he didn't leave empty handed. Thanks to my great friend, Katie and her FIL who hooked it up with some of their season tickets. Not sure what I'd do without her, and not only because she helped me out with Curt's gift. Our daily texting and tweeting gets us through so much, big and small!!!
Such a great weekend!
We're really looking forward to our trip up to PA next week for Drew's big day! It's going to feel so great to be home for such a big, family event. Counting down....
No comments:
Post a Comment