Monday, September 27, 2010

Dressed To Impress!

Well... I hope so, at least. Friends, I've been fighting off the "need" to buy a new dress for my brother in law's wedding mainly because of the dang cost of it all! Why oh WHY must an evening dress be so freaking expensive? Do I want to look nice? Of course! I'm not just a guest at this wedding, I'm family so I need to bring my A-game, ya know? I love dressing up just as much as the next girly girl in the group but seeing how we have formal and semi formal AND cocktail events with Curt's work all year long, this stuff gets expensive. This wedding is black tie so cocktail dresses were right out. The only 3 formal gowns I own are all in the beige to ivory family and seeing how I'm going to a wedding, that's just wrong. Anything in the ivory/beige/cream/white family is strictly off limits unless you're the one tying the know. It's funny how often people break that rule these days. Get a clue, people. Be traditional and leave the white to the bride.

My ebay find fell through because the price got a bit higher than I wanted it to and if I'm buying something off ebay, I'm not paying a lot. That's the point of ebay!

So here's what I just bought. It's Calvin Klein, and I hope I bought the right size or then I'm really in trouble. According to their "size" charts, I'm one size on top and another size on the bottom. Fantastic. I have approximately 8 business days to get this thing delivered to my house and altered to fit. In other words, I need a miracle. I bought it from Nordstrom and they're usually pretty speedy with the shipping, even though it's saying 5-7 business days. Eek! Also, the lady who does my alterations is really great about getting things done quickly when you need them. I may have to throw a little money at the problem, story of my life, to make sure we're all set in time.



It's really pretty, classic, satin, and I do believe it will hide my lady flaws and make me feel like a million bucks that night. Pretty, right?

(Ummm, did I just dedicate an entire post to my dress drama? You bet I did!)

3 comments:

David and Kate said...

Moe I have to say that I love these kinds of posts... they are so fun and just so real. Keep them coming!

Adam and Beth said...

What a beautiful dress! You will look amazing, as always :)

Amy said...

Gorgeous dress!! I know all about the dress drama...the best store we have around here is Belk...ever heard of it? I thought not :)