Monday, September 20, 2010

"Ava-ism's"

Look at me! Three posts in less than a week??? WATCH OUT, Y'all! I'm back...

New word: "Ava-ism's". Creative. I know...

Ava has a couple really cute and fun phrases that she's been using a lot lately! The fact that we can practically have a conversation these days is just crazy to me. Although I'd like to believe that this leaves a lot of the guessing out with what she likes, wants, needs...we're not quite there yet.


So, Ava is a music JUNKIE. It's what she loves most in the this world. Asks for it ALL THE TIME. She doesn't like to dance alone so at least I can now say I have moderate daily exercise built into my life. Whenever a song comes on she says, "What song is this?"! Or, if she doesn't want to hear that song she says, "New song!". She's quite particular and although she loves her Barney songs and dance, this girl is all about the hip hop. Anything with some beat and a base, she's happy!

Back to the potty training business. She now hates to being in any kind of a dirty diaper. In public or in the privacy of our own home she YELLS, "Mommy! Poopy diaper! Change it...". I'm even more motivated to get the potty training now that we're tearing through diapers at the speed of a newborn. $$$!!!

I think Ava's favorite new phrase has to be, "I don't like it!". Man, she uses that one a lot. This past weekend it was all about the Tylenol. I'd say, "Ava, time for the medicine!", to which she always replied, "No! No! I don't like it!". She uses it for pretty much anything she doesn't want to do or like. Napping, sitting in the cart at the store, new foods, too much tickling.... Like I said, she uses it a lot!

Here's one I'm not too proud of, but let me give you some background so hopefully you can show me a little bit of sympathy. Last week while Ava was playing in her room, I was trying to get a whole days worth or dishes into the dishwasher. So, the water was running, the TV was one, and Ava was moving around the house like she always does. As I turned off the water I noticed this strange scratching sound coming from the hallway. I turned off the water and as I turned the corner out of the kitchen I noticed that Ava was WRITING ALL OVER MY WALL WITH A PENCIL! Gahhhhhh! So, my initial reaction was, unfortunately, "Dammit!". So, I get myself together, put Ms. Ava in a timeout (as we have been in the situation before with chalk) and attempt to clean it off. Does it come off? Of course not. Our builder used a flat paint, for whatever reason, and although it's in a pretty inconspicuous place, it still bums me out. Fast forward a few hours and we're at Walmart picking up a few things. When we get out to the car the wind manages to push the cart into the car, not too bad, but just as they came together, my sweet and angelic Ava yells out at the top of her lungs, "DAMMIT!". Oh, what a proud moment that was for me. She has used it, appropriately, on numerous occasions since the incident happened and we're doing our best to try and fill her up with suitable replacements. Think, "Oh geez!". Good work, Mommy. Good work.

Speaking of timeouts, when Ava finds her little tushy in timeout she always tells me, "Ava being naughty.", which I've only said ONCE in her lifetime. Man, you gotta be careful around this girl. She remembers it ALL. On a lighter note, she does like to tell me, "Go play Ava's room?" when she wants to hang out in there. She has about a million books and around bed time when she's doing her best to procrastinate the inevitable she runs back and forth from the couch in the TV room to her bedroom with a slew of books asking, "Read book?". The best part, when she runs back to her room she always says, "Be right back!".

Okay, so we're had a pretty long week and since Curt was in Vegas all weekend and Ava managed to run a fever the whole 48 hours he was gone, we're ALL exhausted. Unfortunately for him, I have little sympathy in his post drinking-gambling-all night long partying exhaustion so he's just going to have to suck it up! ;)

We're taking a short vacation next weekend and it's all kind of on a whim! We have no hotel reservations - yet, and we have no idea what we're doing there. Sounds like a plan!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I just love to read your blog! Ava is so darn cute and she reminds me so much of Emily when she was Ava's age. Damnit isn't so bad when you consider the other words you could've said! Hey, have you tried Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to get the pencil off the wall? I hope you guys have a great weekend!