Monday, February 2, 2009

Bad Blogger!

Can you believe that I only managed to get out TWO posts last month? Sad Moe, just plain sad! Well, here is the latest! We are offically in a countdown until we go back to PA for a visit with the family and friends. We seriously can't wait to get Ava around all our family and friends. She's so fun these days and her personality is finally coming out. I honestly think we were blessed with such a happy and laid back baby. Seriously. I would let you know if I thought otherwise. She's also so smiley! She loves to ichat with her grandma, it is so cute. She gets all giddy and squirms all around when she hears her voice. I LOVE IT!
Life for Curt and I has been the usual. Work all week and then our weekends are filled with Ava time and napping. (Curt is usually working a bit too, but we go with him to make sure we're all spending time together.)
We're also looking forward to finally baptizing Ava in my hometown church. It's special for two reasons: (1) because it is the same church that Curt and I were married it and (2) we are baptizing Ava and her cousin A.J. together. I love that my sister and Steve waited for us. It's going to be great!

I have loads of new pictures but I weeded through them to get the good ones! Ava is growing up so stinkin' fast. She's rolling over now, belly to back and back to belly. We are always working on her tummy time and it wasn't until I set her on the bed (in the middle, of course) and went into the bathroom to wash my hands. When I returned she was face first into the covers. I was so happy for her...and so upset that I missed it! She as also learned how to get out of tummy time by pushing up and over so she can roll onto her back. QUITTER! :) But seriously, girl is strong! We often perform these tricks for my parents on the ichat and she looks at us like we're loons when we cheer and clap. She's grabbing anything and everything. I feel bad when she tries to grab the letters on my sweatshirt and then gets confused when she can't lift them off. Poor baby... Most of her toys end up in her mouth. I think that's how she decides whether or not she likes them or not. Most get the green light. She loves to dance with her Dad and if I'm feeling emotional that day I ususally cry. I'm such a sap! Hormones... Our napping has been quite a roller coaster. She still only sleeps for about 45 minutes and then has the worst time getting back to sleep. We have her 4 month appointment next week so I'm going to get some advice from her pedi and see if she has any insight for us. Thankfully she always puts herself to sleep. Sometimes I think I prematurely put her in there and she just talks to her sunshine until she does fall asleep. Like I said, she's pretty laid back. Love it... This past week she's started waking up in the middle of the night for a little snack. I'm sure I could try to hold her off but a part of me thinks it might be a growth spurt. She's already in her 6 mos clothes so that could be interesting if I'm right! We have her 4 mos appointment next week and with that comes the shots. I have Curt coming to this appointment so he can look like the mean-y that lets her get poked. ;)
Finally, Miss Ava is finally taking after me with one thing. She is CHATTY! She's really chatting, squealing, and oohing and aahing like crazy. We especially love it when she wakes up in the middle of the night for a 10 minutes chat with her sunshine. LOVELY!

K, so this post if totally rushed. Oh well, it's done!
Pictures below...Enjoy!


Desperately trying to get out of the bumbo. She's screaming as well. :)


An expert at "tummy time". She's happy to see her sunshine there and I think it buys me another minute or two while she's on her belly.


And some more...


She is great at going from her back to her belly now. I think the bed helps with this move. She can ALSO go from her belly, or crawl position, to her back. Man, pretty soon she's going to be on the go...she's growing up FAST!


Yes, this is how Curt gives Ava a bottle. She's pretty happy taking food from anything, any way, any time, anywhere....you get the idea.


Ava and Curt spending some time together post work. He's quite the multitasker.


Ava on her first playdate with Emily. Even though they both napped more than they played, Missy and I had a great time catching up!


Ava not as mobile, but she still had a great time!


So I had another picture to go with this one but I have no idea where is went off to. Anyway, this is Ava prenap. When I go up to get her when she wakes up the blanket is usually completely open. Muscles!


If pictures had the voices that went along with them (oh wait-that's a video clip!) you would be able to hear Ava squealing while Curt kisses her. He's the ultimate kissy monster.

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I'm so glad to see Ava wears bibs as an accessory like Cameron...just about every single picture I have is with a bib. I have to start remembering to take them off, especially considering we just had to invest in the "bib-as-big-as-your-baby" variety due to his excessive drooling. :-)