Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby Cooker


Okay, so I think you all know that I am NOT domesticated at all. (You'll notice that I didn't tell you how my first pot roast turned out...) Anyway,I was talking to a friend of mine who mentioned that she was making her own baby food. Impressed as I was, I figured that there was no way I could safely do such a thing...until she revealed her "secret". I bought this over the weekend and sent it to my parents house mostly because I won't need it until Ava is 6 mos, but I'm so excited to use it. It's from Williams Sonoma and it's freakin' great. You literally give your baby the freshest foods that you make. No preservtives...additives...just wholesome goodness. Check out the link because there is a quick demo video on how it works. So, maybe I can be domesticated...with a little help of course!

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/ (it's under electrics and called "babycook")

ps: check out my other new post below!

4 comments:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I thought making baby food would be harder than it really is...so I plan on doing it to. Point to ponder: at Cameron's 4-month checkup, we were given the go-ahead to start veggies NOW. And since Ava has been doing so fantastic with putting on weight, I wouldn't be surprised if your pediatrician says you can too. You may just have to do it the "old fashioned way" and go for the blender like me. :-) But I'm looking into this thing now, thanks!

Adam and Beth said...

My boys started veggies at 4 months also, and I had a similar device. After 2 kids, it did break, and I will never buy the same model again...Especially for Baby brand, WAY TOO CHEAP...so with baby #3 (NOT yet, but soon hopefully) I will be in the market for a new one :) Thanks for the advice :)

Love the new pictures :) She's a doll!!! Can't wait to meet her!

Amy said...

I'm totally buying this thing!!!

Carrie said...

I'm impressed...I just couldn't bring myself to do it although. My cousin makes all their little one's babyfood. She freezes it in ice cube trays and just pops a couple out, microwaves, and viola, yummy smooshy veggies or fruit.