Tuesday, February 10, 2009

4 Month Stats

So, as I sit here and type with one hand, I continue to have a growing respect for single Moms...and all my friends who are doing this "single parenting" for 4 months while their hubby's are deployed. Curt is still stuck in Canada from what was supposed to be a 3 day trip and has now become 8 days and counting. He was taking a jet to Georgia and encountered some problems over the Atlantic. Nice-like I don't worry enough. Thankfully it was minor and he safely landed in Canada. We are still unsure when the plane will be fixed, so for now we just wait. Don't worry about Curt, he's filling his days with sight seeing and skiing.

Ava had her 4 month appointment this morning and-bless her heart-screamed ten times worse with her shots then last time. After I picked her up she fell asleep within 2 minutes in an effort to calm herself. Poor baby... Ever since we've been home she has been cranky and napping. I honestly can't help but spoil and love on her all day. She's taken all her naps in my arms and I've carried her most of the afternoon. She doesn't want anything to do with being alone or put down and I'm a sucker for her whimper when I know she doesn't feel 100%.

I have loads of pictures and fun updates but they will have to wait for now. I'm busy loving on Ava and I wouldn't have it any other way. Here are the updates from her appointment!

Height: 25 inches (75-90%)
Weight: 15 lbs 6 oz (50-75% weight for length---weight for age 75-90%)--we guess she's starting to plateau on her weight!
Head Cir: 17 inches (90-95%)

More to come soon!

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

I know how you feel, Jason is going TDY for a week at the end of February, then has a 3-week course at the end of March, and then deploys for 6 MONTHS in June. UGH!!! I have complete respect for single moms...and I don't even have a full-time job to deal with at the same time! Can't wait to see new pics of your cutie, she's definitely growing so well!! And I hear ya on picking them up right when they cry...I'm starting to get better about at least trying to let Cameron soothe himself, but its hard!! :-)