Wednesday, February 18, 2009

CEREAL!

The expression on her face speaks for itself. She does NOT like rice cereal. I honestly can't blame her. RICE CEREAL? blah...

I mean seriously, could she look any less interested in this meal?

We had a great time the other night offering Ava her first solid food. Solid meaning soup-y dehydrated flakes of what use to be rice mixed in with some b-milk. It wasn't too appealing to me, and as you could tell from Ava's reaction in these pictures, she wasn't too impressed either. Now, I know it's supposed to be kinda runny, but 5 parts liquid with 1 part cereal ends up being nothing close to what I would call a "solid". ANYWAY, it wasn't as easy as we thought it might be. The pedi did tell us that swallowing is something that is learned so I guess it's just a work in progress. I did have a couple friends tell me some tricks of the trade and I think next time I might mix in some fruit like applesauce or a banana to try and spice it up in the flavor department.

"That was just disappointing Mommy." *sigh*

1 comment:

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Definitely go for applesauce...it has helped Cameron eat the rice cereal immensely. Of course, the whole swallow concept, along with swishing the stuff across the tongue, always means a good chunk of it comes right back out. I just leave the spoon RIGHT THERE to catch it all. :-)