
Our first Christmas as a family of three!!! A little late, but what can ya do? Curt, Ava and I had a wonderful Christmas this year-just the three of us. Of course in a perfect world we would have been in P.A. with our families but I am thankful for what I have, so we will just have to look forward to NEXT year, when we will all be together (finally!) to celebrate the holidays. Anyway, we spoiled Ava with a toy and nursery furniture, which she will be getting once we finally move back to the states. I bought her an alphabet drum, I guess it's the teacher in me. The girl has more toys that she hasn't used yet (because she can't-darn motor skills!) so we only bought her one thing. Sounds pretty bad but I assure you next year will be a different story. We all know Mom loves to shop and she loves her Baby Ava so you can only imagine the result---SPOILED! As for us, Curt is getting some new golf clubs once we head back to PA this spring and me, well I wanted another purse. Imagine that?
Curt thought it would be cute to have Ava "walk" to the tree and he was video taping it from her perspective. I have no idea how to upload video and Curt said he would help me with it today. It turned out pretty cute!

Curt helped Ava open her presents seeing how her fine motor skills aren't finely tuned as of yet. We're getting there!

Here is a cute "blankie" that was sent from Grandma Dougherty!

Ava and I at the tree, she's about spent!

For any purse junkies out there like me, here is my new bag! Of course eluxury doesn't ship to APO addresses (thanks for lookin' out for the military!) so I sent it home to my parents. It's okay, it's a Summer bag anyhow... CUTE!

So there you have it. Hopefully I get around to uploading some New Year's pictures today. I am kind of preoccupied today because I will let you know that I'm slow roasting my first pot roast today---big deal! I can kinda cook and although my Mom taught me how to do this over the summer, this is my first solo attempt. Curt and I actually like to cook together so we tackled this meal while Ava was taking her morning nap. I will let you know how it turns out. Either way, we're pretty proud of ourselves! It smells delish!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment