Ava also has developed some thrush inside her mouth which I was unaware of until yesterday. For all you Mom's out there, did you have a similar problem? I hate giving her antibiotics at such a young age but what can ya do?!?! I also find it "interesting" that a foot cream was prescribed for me to put on my...ya know, so we don't pass the infection back and forth when I'm nursing. :) Thoughts??? I feel comfort in knowing others went through the same thing, so anything you have would be great! Oh, and even though the medicine is fruit flavored she HATED it. Not a happy camper after her first dose.
Other than that, she is fabulous. She wasn't too happy with the fact that she was stripped down to her birthday suit, poked, squeezed, and given another shot in her little heel---so she slept the remainder of the day. (This lead to a LONG NIGHT with my wide-eyed baby...) I should be sleeping with her right now but my house needs my attention so hopefully tonight it a little better.
Just for fun, here's another picture of Miss Ava. If she could talk I think she would say, "My hat doesn't match my outfit...":

4 comments:
Yeah, the thrush is so common, both of my boys had it :) However, I did not nurse, so I don't really know that whole angle of it :) But I agree, I hated having to give them meds (even still I try not to..and thankfully, they do not get sick very often!) It'll clear up in no time! Thinking of you!!!
OK, so Maddie has those little jammies, too. I wish we could take pics of them together in their matching outfits. And sorry, no advice on the thrush but if she develops eczema, I'm your girl!!!
Cameron has already had to take meds too...although it was just a prescription eye gel (the same one they put in their eyes right after delivery). I've heard thrush is pretty common, so I wouldn't worry about it. I can't believe she packed on so much weight!!! WOW! Cameron was right back at his birth weight for his 2 week checkup. I'm interested to see what he is at 4 weeks...cuz he sure feels heavier to me! :-)
Hey if you don't find anybody to give advice or info on the thrush/foot cream let me know. I have a friend who has 5 kids, she nursed them all so I know she would tell you anything you want to know. Madison never lost weight she just grew and grew and grew. She is fine! Yes you should be sleeping when she sleeps! House can wait!
Post a Comment