Saturday, October 4, 2008

"Did You Have The Baby Today?"

Curt calls home everyday before he leaves work and the first thing he now asks is, "Did you have the baby today?"

As you can see, BGD is a lil late---she was scheduled to arrive on Thursday, October 2nd, but looks like she has other plans! Did I really think she was going to be here on her actual due date? Of course not! Apparently she will be more like me than her Dad, who is always prompt and on time. I'm more into the fashionably late arrivals so my only answer is that she is just going to come whenever she pleases! I constantly find myself in limbo saying "MAN! I hope she comes today"...followed by "But, only if she's really ready!".

Curt and I plan to be moving around a lot today. We're giving into all those suggestions on how to "hurry her along"...so we'll see how that goes.

10 comments:

Jen said...

I have been checking my email religiously to see if your mom sent me something! Thanks for the update, I have been dying to know. Best wishes for when it does happen!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics and hear her name! Love ya

Adam and Beth said...

I agree with Jen :) I, too, have been checking my email NON STOP, and stalking your blog (not like you'd be posting anything, but looking for an update :)) I am a pro with the late arrivals :) Jake was 2 weeks late, and Luke was one (both induced!) Hopefully, you dont have to wait that long...I can only imagine how anxious you are!!!!!!! Can't wait to see her precious face!

Anonymous said...

I too have been stalking!! I was secretly hoping that she would come on the 3rd so BGD and J would be exactly 6 months apart!! She will be in your arms before you know it!!

taralohse said...

Good Luck- keep us posted on when your little girl decides to present herself to the world.
Great to see you today!

Jason, Liz, and Caroline said...

I've been checking the blog every day!

Caroline was also late. I was due September 30th and she was born on October 5th (maybe our little girls will share a b-day!). My advice - in between all of your walking and stair climbing, don't forget to just sit down and relax...you'll need your rest :)

Casey Herman said...

i keep checking too!!! my thoughts are definitely with you guys:) can't wait to hear the good newsAND the name:)
xo

Amy said...

Just checking in on you! Oh, I can't wait to meet the little one. Keep us posted :)

Jennifer Magreevy said...

Well apparently, I stole your due date, so maybe you'll steal mine (October 5th). I read that first pregnancies can be up to two weeks late...whih I know will bum you out. Keep up with the "suggestions" to bring on labor...I can't wait to hear your story!!

p.s. check out my myspace page for pics of my baby!!

April said...

I'm adding my name to the blog/email stalkers. Aaron told me you went in yesterday...now we're just waiting to hear all the details! So excited for you guys!

Rattrie Family said...

Congrats on the little Girl hope you had a great delivery process. Can't wait to see pictures!!!