I have to say that I am completely blown away by all the things that happened this week! First off, my twin sister was here for a surprise visit! She arrived early Wednesday morning and I had absolutely no idea that she was coming. Between my sister, parents, and Curt they all had me completely left in the dark. It was awesome! I will have more to post on her visit in a bit because we have been showing her all around "our world" the past few days and we have lots of great pictures to share. She came here for six days just so she could be here for my awesome Baby Shower (which I will also be posting about shortly...).
I wanted to take the time to talk about one of the best books I have ever gotten. At my shower this past weekend, I got an amazing scrapbook that was put together by my family and friends. Now, this is no ordinary scrapbook. This scrapbook is filled with pictures and messages from my entire family--which, by the way, is HUGE--and all of my closest of friends that couldn't be here on Saturday. It Is Awesome. I had the chance to sit down over the past few days and go through all the pictures and messages and I can't even describe the feelings I had going through me. Because I can't physically share the book with you all, I went through and picked some messages to share--trust me, it's HUGE. My mom also sent me some pictures of my AWESOME friends who all got together one night to make this book, they are just so great. These girls are a handful of my closest "post-college" friends. We managed to be joined at the miller lights for about 2+ years when I was living in PA when we all worked together at Chili's Restaurant. I have to say, they were some of the best years to date. I miss them all so much and they too are anxiously awaiting our return to the States! Again, we have been blessed with some amazing friends and for that we're so thankful.
The Book:
So, I apologize for the picture overload and unfortunatly the quotes do not correspond with images they are around. I just wanted to get as much in there as possible! Finally, there are a few pictures of the final copy of the book... I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (although that might be impossible, I've already looked at it about 10 times a day since it was given to me!).
Mariel and I looking at the book for the first time at the shower:
Here are some of the major contributors to the book (minus my MOM who managed to not send ONE picture of herself although she organized the whole thing:
Mariel, Casey, Melissa, Olivia, Jen, and Beth:

My sister in law, Angela, and Momma Dougherty:

Casey and Colleen:

Pam:

AND, onto the messages, I loved them ALL:
"Cooking and scrubbing can wait til tomorrow-
Babies grow up and I have learned to my sorrow.
Quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I am rocking my babies and babies don't keep."
My Parents

"You will have the best dressed baby in all of England"
Mariel

"I can't wait to watch our kids grow up together"
Colleen

"Ever since I started shopping with you my closet has become quite a bit better thanks to the JCrew cashmere sweater, the Steve Madden pumps, and the Louis Vuitton Speedy (just to name a few!). I could go on for pages how much our friendship means to me, about all the fun times we have had together, and we both know that being an Air Force spouse isn't always an easy road but having you in my life made the hard times easier and the good times even more special"
Deena

"..And if you ever need a babysitter, you know I'm available"
Angela

"Behold, children are a gift from the Lord;
The fruit of the womb is a reward"
Mom and Dad Dougherty

"You were always a sister to me, even though our blood disagrees"
Olivia

"She has one gigantic crazy family that can't wait to meet her!"
Laura

"You can dress her up in frills and lace
And keep her close in your embrace"
Jessica

"First comes love, then comes marriage,
Then comes Maureen and Curtis pushing the baby carriage!"
Aunt Margie

"Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the lord my soul to keep:
May God guard me through all the night
And wake me with the morning light"
P

"Here We Are!"
"Your daughter is going to be gorgeous,
Just like You!"
Shan and Melis

"Over the years we have truly grown into our own, and I am so thankful we have been able to share so many great times together and many more to come!"
Jamie

"In High School, your mom (me!) and I had 6th period History class together. Everyday I would fall asleep in class and your mom would have to wake me up (she sat right behind me!). I can remember your mommy writing me notes in class (I know you will never pass notes) about how much she liked your daddy, and she hoped that he liked her! (ps...he did!).
Megan

"I know that you have such great friends in England, and because of that it is easier to come to grips with the fact that I can not be there for you, but I hope you know that I am always here for you in my heart!"
Nicole

"You are going to make a fantasic mother!"
Jen

"The new feeling of life taking form inside her, the physical and emotional changes, and the anticipation of bringing forth a new life is wonderful!"
Beth

"She will be our favorite new princess!"
Casey

*one final note, my spell checker is NOT working...so please excuse all grammer errors. :)

2 comments:
No, Maureen, no pictures of Mom.... Mom is usually behind the lens, not often in front of the lens! And your Dad was making those great burgers and serving up those cold Millers! Looks like a wonderful time was had by all! Love you, Mom and Dad
OK so I recently commented that i wanted to see the scrapbook and all of that--and I must have missed an entire blog page!!! So I am catching up--I love the book!!! I miss you Moe!!!!
Post a Comment