Yes, we are already in the third trimester and it still amazes me how quickly the last few months have gone by, I just can't believe it. Curt and I went to our 28 week appointment this afternoon and thankfully everything is still going great! I had my first bump in the road, if you even want to call it that, but I did find out on Tuesday that I am "slightly" anemic. I asked the nurse what "slightly" meant, and she responded that one a scale from 1-10, I'm at a 1--so I guess that's good news considering. Either way, I am starting a new Iron supplement today that will take care of this very common (so I'm told...) pregnancy side effect. Fun! :)
I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but our little girl loves to "hang out" on the right side of my body. There is this super hard spot on my side and I was so sure it was her little butt. Well, I was wrong--it's her feet! The nurse was so great today because she let Curt and I feel all the parts of her little body: head, feet, back... the works! Her heart is still pounding away in the 140's and she's still moving around whenever she pleases-we love it! She's already in the inverted position and we're told she'll probably stay that way, which is also good news.
Curt took some pictures of me today to mark the beginning of my 28th week and as you can see, they aren't the greatest but my day was long so I'll take what I can get. We are doing some maternity pictures this weekend with the always awesome TLohsePhotography, and I'm just so looking forward to it. Hopefully the weather cooperates!

2 comments:
You look great! Glad all is well!
Goodness, you really popped!! And what nurse was that...I want to get her for my next appointment! I'm 2 weeks behind you, so I'm just waiting for the bloodwork from next week to see what they hit me with next. You just never know...but all in all, you're doing phenomenally well in your pregnancy!
And my child is all over the place: he regularly likes to kick my bladder, and now has started doing something that comes close to my ribs (not sure if its feet or hands...in any case its interesting!). Its definitely interesting to see, and feel, him move around!
Post a Comment