As I mentioned before my twin sister, Mariel, was here last week on a special visit out to see Curt and I.
Why was it so special? It was a surprise! She came here to "represent" the family at my Baby Shower!!! It was carefully planned by my whole family and I was shocked when she showed up at my house on Wednesday morning. I think hours later into the day I was still trying to convince myself that she was there...it was weird, but so great! Mariel was here to visit Curt and I back in 2005 so this time around, we took her all around the base. She got up close and personal with the F15 (which she loved...) and was even lucky enough to take part in some squadron functions. It was all around perfect timing. We have some (blurry) pictures to share. Apparently I'm not that great a photographer and my eyes aren't the best these days, which you will be able to see once you check out the many photos that I took. I guess some is better than none! Now, the pictures inside the hanger are especially not that great because it took about 20 minutes for the lights to be bright enough...so hopefully they aren't too bad!
Curt and I at the Squadron. Not a great pic of myself:)

Curt getting some awards!

Mariel in a hanger checking out the F15:

Curt and Mariel:

Curt and Mariel (again):

Curt and I in the hanger:

Mariel ready for her first ride (well, not really...)

I think she looks like a cartoon character in this get-up!

And just like that, she had to return to the good ol' USA. I was tempted to climb into her carry on until I realized that she shopped so much while she was here, there was no room! I am so happy that she made it out here, even if it was for just a short time. These visitors I am getting this summer have just been a blessing! They are making the time pass so quickly and I'm so grateful. Enjoy!
And she's off just as soon as she got here. Mariel took a picture from her plane seat at 40,000 ft:
No comments:
Post a Comment