Before I start, I know I promised a picture post and I swear, I will try and get that up tonight. Posting pics on blogger, as you all know, is a major pain in the rear. Takes for-ev-er. But, what I'm really trying to say is, I'm procrastinating. Moving on...
I seriously need the next two months to be the slowest months of all time. We haven't had a deployment out of Curt since 2009 but trust me, he's been gone quite a lot since then. Remember Weapons School? That was 6 months. It was a LONG six months. I'm trying not to focus on the upcoming 6 months that Curt will be gone and instead, I'll be focusing on the time that he's here and when he'll be back. And there you have it.
Okay, so coming up in July, here's fun stuff!
-4th of July weekend! Curt and I are taking Ava down to Wilmington for the day to check out the beach and just get the heck out of G'boro for a mere moment. Man, this place doesn't have much going on, that's for sure.
-Tim McGraw!!! What, what??!!??!! Curt and I are going to see my old friend, Tim, in Raleigh next weekend and I'm so pumped. Notice the title of my little bloggy here? "Set this Circus Down"? Oh yes, that's a Tim favorite of mine and we both have many, many more that we love and know by heart. It will surely be a blast as we're going down with my friend from high school, Nicole, and her hubs, Brian. What else is so perfection about this concert? Just that I am going to wear my new cowboy boots. Finally! *happy dance*
The Blushing bride and her husband-to-be! "Warrrrrrrrren!"


-Angela and Warren are getting married!!!!!!!!!! I honestly love weddings and when it just so happens to be a loved family member, well, it just becomes all the more awesome. Ava is going to do her thang as she struts down the aisle as a flower girl. What can we say. She's a natural. Girl loves the limelight....and her future uncle Warren. Should be an amazing weekend!

-It doesn't STOP there. The morning after the wedding Curt and I are headed down to Atlantic City for a kid-free, 2 days with my most favorite friend, Katie and her hubs, Joey. Hopefully Drew and Sharon make the trip as well. We plan on gambling, eating at restaurants that don't have ketchup on the table, and wearing nice clothes that are virtually in hiding so our little love bugs don't put their precious little hands all over them. We shall stay up late and sleep in for the entire time we're there. Glorious.
-After the little rendevous in AC we'll take a short drive to the Jersey Shore where we'll vacation it up with the Dougherty crew. Heck to the yes. Lots of beach days and boardwalk nights, naps and good meals, and time with family before Curt goes off to save the world. Sounds like a great week to us!
Phew! I have a feeling that Curt, Ava, and I are going to schlep back to North Carolina after that whirlwind of events and just be happy we're home. Until then, we can't wait to get OUT OF HERE!!!
Happy Summer, Friends!





No comments:
Post a Comment