Monday, April 11, 2011

Job Fair


Hey Friends!

If you remember from all my FB posts and maybe a mention or two here on the blog, I had a job fair this past Saturday and I wanted to give you all a quick update. First off, it was my very first job fair so I, naturally, was a little bit nervous when I first arrived. There was only a handful of people waiting to go inside about 15 minutes before it started so I considered it a good thing to be one of the early birds. (PLEASE let that mean I get the worm!!!!!). When the flood gates finally opened, I put on my happiest of faces and I walked up to the very first "Elementary School" table I could find. I did some research online to see if I could learn what to expect at a job fair and even what I should bring, do, wear, etc. Nothing wrong with being prepared! Evidently you're supposed to only visit the tables you're interested in but as far as I'm concerned, I like them all! I just want to go back to work! All in all I felt extremely comfortable going up to each booth I could and basically trying to sell myself to the school. I feel really strongly about my abilities and my love for this job, so it wasn't that hard! I did have one "on the spot" interview and it went really well! I'm heading on over to that school this afternoon to introduce myself to the principal since he wasn't there this weekend. Evidently it's a very large school (ahem, Lakenheath, anyone?) looking to lose TWO KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS to retirement. I mean, really?!? Could this be more perfect for me? Praying, praying, PRAYING that I can score a job in this school. I really haven't stopped thinking about it all weekend.

I left each school with as much information about myself as possible and a huge packet filled with my resume, cover letter, letter of recommendations, test scores, transcripts, and certificates...the works!

And now...we wait! (And follow up, follow up, FOLLOW UP!!!)

I'll keep you posted!


No comments: