Friday, March 12, 2010

Once Upon A Sick Day...


So, Miss Ava had quite the week! After a trip to the pediatrician and then a trip to the ER, we found out that Ava has yet another ear infection. Yuck! Her fever went up a little bit each day, starting on Monday, and come Thursday morning it was a whopping 104.2! Geeeeeeez. I know, I know...not SO bad in toddlers. But, when it's my toddler, I'm thinking what in the world is making you so sick??? We got out to her primary care doctor on Wednesday but just like the last ear infection, they told me "It looked all clear! It's probably a virus...". 24 hours later she was inconsolable and her fever had reached record highs, so I did what any normal parents would do and I FREAKED OUT. I couldn't get her another appointment on Thursday so it was off to the ER as the nurse help line instructed me to do so. Poor girl... I am hoping this doesn't lead to tubes but evidently Ava may have really narrow passages in her ears which can cause many infections.

This morning as I was driving around doing errands I tried to think to myself where, oh where, could Ava have gotten sick? You see, this all started with a nasty runny nose...

What do you think?

A: Marbles museum. A children's "please touch" museum frequented by hundreds of children ranging from 12 months to grade school on a daily basis.
B: Playdate. A drop in care center used by random children for random amounts of time 6 days per week. Again, toys are community and shared by all.
C: Walmart. As I was searching for some fresh produce I turned around and noticed that Ava had pulled up the cart cover and was she was gnawing on the handle.
D: Dada. Ava loves us so much that she's known to plant a big ol' kiss right on your lips when you least expect it! Dada spends his days in the manly-est of man caves and I'm pretty sure all their "toys" are community as well. Gross...
E: All of the above.

Any guesses?

But, it's finally Friday and we are feeling much, much better. I love me some bubble gum medicine!!! That stuff...amazing.

Before I go, I just wanted to include some fun pic's I just took of Ava and how I found her last night in our office. (I know, what a sad lookin' "office", but we haven't found any furniture that we like yet so it's lookin' a lil sub par, but we'll get there, someday...) Anyway, she's pretty innovative, huh? Can't sit in the big people chair, make your own!!! Good job, Ava!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Moe!The ear infection thing is no fun! If you get to the "tube" thing just give me a ring. I will say they changed our life! I think all mommy's are ready for some warm, non-germy weather!!