Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Let’s Be Thankful

What are you thankful for?

“The Biggies”

1. My Husband and My Ava. Where do I begin? Even though we’ve spent so much time apart this past year, not one day as gone by when we didn’t make the time or effort to talk. Some days it was into the wee hours of the morning, but it’s always well worth it to hear his voice, even if only for a minute. I’m thankful for his love, his devotion to Ava and I, his big heart, his generosity, his faithfulness, and the list goes on. He is wonderful with Ava and I am so looking forward to getting in our new house and starting our life again in our new home. My sweetie pea, my suger pie, my lovey bug, my Ava has really put things into perspective for me. On a normal day, she is dressed to the nines and fed before I even brush my teeth. My life revolves around her schedule and by the time I put her to bed and have some “me” time, I’m about ready to pass out on the floor. But, the second she spends the night with her Grandma, I’m constantly wondering what she’s up to. My life has forever changed. I’m no longer first, and I never will be again. This love is unconditional.

2. My Family. How in the world would I have survived over these past 8, yes...EIGHT, months of raising Ava while Curt was away? HOW? In all honestly, it would have been tough. It’s been awesome having them all here watching Ava reach all her milestones and be able to meet and love on her gma’s and gpa’s while Curt is away. They love her as if she were their own. It will be a sad, sad day when we head south. I think it’s safe to say, we’ve been blessed.

3. My Friends. I have some patient and understanding friends, let me tell you. It’s been tough getting out there to do the things I used to do before Miss A came into the picture, but I have a small group of faithful girls who are always there to pick up right where we went off. I’ve finally surrounded myself with people who only make me feel good and are just so great to be around. Feels good...

4. A New Church. Ava and I go to church each and every Sunday with Grandma Dougherty and it’s been a wonderful experience. The Pastor just has an amazing gift when it comes to spreading the good word. It never feels like pressure, it’s always uplifting, the music is always moving... I will certainly miss this when we move.

5. Myself. Can you thank yourself? I think so! I’ve grown up so much in the past five years, I often amaze myself with the things I am able to take on. Sure, I still like to rely on others sometimes, but I’ve never felt more independent than I do right now.

“The Small Stuff”

6. MY NEW HOUSE!!!!!!!!! UH, HELLO!!!!! We’ve been through some shoddy places the past few years and it’s about time we move on up in this world. Thank heavens for that extra income I pulled in over the past few years workin’ my teachin’ booty off because my heart literally skipped a beat when I walked into this house. It was like a wedding dress. I just KNEW it was “the ONE”!

7. Easy Shopping. All my England friends know what this means. It means that if I needed something at the last minute in England, oh well! The chances of the lovely BX carrying anything I was looking for was slim to none. Pathetic. Now we’re “blessed” with 24 hours of stores with anything and everything you could possibly dream of. AMEN!

8. My Passport. That sucker has been stamped more in a 4 year period than most people will ever have in their entire life. I’ve seen so much...France, Germany, Italy, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Belgium, Denmark... Fo-REAL! I never thought I’d say this but it would a nice surprise if someday in the future we were given the opportunity to live overseas again. (In a few years of course, I’m still adjusting to my wonderful USA for cryin’ out loud!)

9. My military family. (Although, this should probably be a “biggie”!) To those who live on the outside of this tight knit group, it’s really hard to describe the relationship that we have. We make friends and develop strong bonds over a short period of time, move on in our lives, and yet we still feel just as close to each other as if we were still living near the same base. We need each other in times that only we can truly relate to when things get tough...and when things are great! Having your family be separated is the norm for us and although many people like to say, “I don’t know how you do it?”, we know although life isn’t always easy, we have each other. Love is love and at the end of the day, we’ll do anything to keep our families together. I love my military family.

10. The super smalls....That make me super happy:
-my stuff. my bags, my jewels, my shoes... you know how i do!
-cinnamon scented candles. oh the sweet smell of the holidays is just so nostalgic to me.
-the fall and the winter. there is so much warmth and love during those chilly months that i can’t help but always look forward to sweaters and uggs. loveeeeeeeeeeeee.
-going out to dinner with curt and sharing some good food and drinks on a night where we have time to waste. it’s been a while...
-a night out on the town! all dressed to impressed, a good crowd in a good bar with all my friends is by far, one of my most favorite things to do.
-the thrill of finding the “perfect” dress. i’m talking “fancy pants” dresses, too! bcbg has my heart. they’re never wrong.
-coming home from a long day and immediately throwing on my favorite fleece pants (that i stole from curt) and my sweatshirt and just unwinding. what a good feeling...
-watching the food network. i love me some barefoot contessa, giada delaurentiis, and bobby flay. YUM-O!
-Bravo tv. I watch Bravo every night at 10. It’s what I like to call, “my happy place”.
-the feeling of completing all my chores for the day. it’s a fantastic feeling knowing that all that’s left to do is play with my baby and just relax. (this rarely happens...)


Oh, my friends. I could go on... But there are things to be done while Ava takes her nap so until next time...

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR???

2 comments:

Jody, Shaye, Madelyn, and Delaney said...

So glad I checked your blog today... another early morning :) Although you've been "absent" lately, so very nice to read this one. You really said it all and have put it into perspective. So much to be thankful for! Happy to see you are so blessed and wishing you a fabulous holiday season! (we'll see what happens to my blog when I get back to the good 'ol USA too :)

Adam and Beth said...

Truely a great post, Moe :) You have lots to be thankful for, thats for sure!!! Thanks for sharing :):)