Friday, December 4, 2009

The Good, The Bad, And The Scary

Here is a quick update on what’s going on with the family!

The Good:
Curt is just about finished Weapons School and after 8 long months, we’re totally ready to be back in the same time zone! We are moving into our new house in just a few weeks and we’re super pumped about all the great things that come with being home owners. Those who wish to remind us of things like “bills, chores, and all the so called negative aspects of owning a house” can BE GONE! Don’t rain on this parade! We’ve waited so long to be right here so nothing, and I mean NOTHING can bring this high down.

The Bad:
I was “forced” to go down to NC over the Thanksgiving break to close at the last minute. Meaning, I “planned” my trip on Wednesday and left on Friday. What is the “bad”, you might ask? Um, how about when we got down there and did the walk through it was filled with things that still had to be finished. I refuse to sit and complain about the 7+ hour ride (each way!!!) that I had to drive for nothing, nada, zilch. I’m now NO closer to being a homeowner than I was before I got down there. Lame.

The Scary:
Well, as some of you know I had to post pone my trip to Las Vegas because we had some expected doctors appointments pop up for Ava. If you remember a few months ago I mentioned that she sometimes tilted her head to her left side. Well, she kinda grew out of it...and then started doing it again. I, being the concerned Mom that I am, took her back to the doctor and they were pretty eager to get to the bottom of this “problem”. Basically, we’ve seen an eye doctor, an ear nose and throat doctor, and now we’re in the midst of physical therapy sessions. So far, no one has found anything! Thank GOD. The down side of that is because the specialists aren’t finding anything wrong my pedi might want to do an MRI. He wants to rule out anything that we might not see from the outside. I about fainted when he mentioned some scary things that I can’t even bring myself to type. We are basically waiting to see if the physically therapy sessions help Ava out along with the exercises that we are supposed to do at home. Guess how cooperative my 14 month old is with special exercises we have to do...um, not very cooperative at all. Her head tilt is so slight that some time she isn’t even doing it. So, I hope it turns out to be absolutely nothing. To sum up this “bad news", I’ll just have to keep you posted.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

We'll be praying that everything is OK with Ava. I'm so excited that you're about to settle into the life you've been waiting for these long months while Curt was away!

Segal Party of 4 said...

Praying for little Miss Ava and you guys too! Hope everything turns out just fine and she cooperates with her PT sessions a little better. :) I for one think being a homeowner is THE BEST. You will love it! Congrats!

Jody, Shaye, Madelyn, and Delaney said...

Phew- hard to hear something may be wrong with your perfect baby. Maddy had to do some OT for her neck and I think they are required to tell you the "scary" but we'll be praying for all to work out okay! LOVED her adorable Christmas pictures and good luck with the big move!