Friday, January 22, 2010

An Update Is In Order

So blogger. Here we are again. Long lost friends, reunited.

I swear on a stack of bibles that I am going to be a good blogger again soon. Once my house is in somewhat of a livable order, I plan on being much better at keeping all my buddies out there (who still care enough to come back and look at this sad thing) up to speed what is going on with the family.

Here are some biggies:

-Ava is doing well! She is just getting started on some antibiotics for her second ear infection. A couple days of a high fever and uber-high levels of crankiness lead us back to the doctor where he finally saw the "fogginess and discoloration" in her left ear. LOVELY. Yummy bubble gum medicine to the rescue. As far as her head tilting business, well, lets just say I'm still losing sleep over it. We saw the ENT, the PT, and the Opthmologist. All found nothing. Great. However, we are still left with the question with as to why she tilts her head to the left. Curt is so hoping that we don't have to do an MRI but if we can't find out what the problem is, we might just have to see what a more closer look at her insides might show us. The good news is that her overall development is so great, that the doc's are hesitant to think it's something major (ie: a growth) so hopefully its something she will grow out of. We will get to the bottom of it. I'm her Mom. I'm here to take care of her. I'm terrified. The end.
...Oh wait. She's still a terrible eater. She exists on crackers, puffs, milk (big girl formula with actual vitamins), and the occasional baby food puree. Thank God I love her dearly. Getting her to even look at big girl food is exhausting. On a lighter note, she is a chatty little girl. Words we mutter are:
~Daaaaaaa! Daaaaaaaa! (Curty)
~Maaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (Yours truly!)
~ummmmmmm-Maaaaaa (Grandma)
~Paaaaaa-Paaaaaaa (Grandpa)
~Aaaaaaaa-J (AJ)
~Ca-Ca (cracker)
~Buh-Buh-Buh (ball)
~arrrr-ney (Barney)

Pretty solid, huh? She's pretty good at repeating sounds, but those are her consistent new vocabulary words. Like most parents, I think my kid is a freakin' genius. She totally gets that from Curt. She has a great memory although she can't say most words, she can definitely point out like a billion different things in her every day life if I ask her where they are. Like, "Ava where is the...doggie? kitty cat? car? truck? strawberries? ball? socks? nose? baby? truck?"...and the list goes on. She's got her hands on everything and we've safety proofed the entire house. She has started to "run" and it's almost just as scary as when she was walking. Oh man...

-Curt is working a lot these days. He's mostly flying with the other operational squadron here because the "Chiefs" (his assigned squadron) just returned from a deployment and they are all off enjoying a couple weeks of well deserved R&R.

-Our house is still a work in progress. The good news is that we finally have some furniture ordered and it should be here next week and the week after. I bought some really nice, traditional type of pieces from a local store at some really decent prices. We even got a $900.00, yes - you read that right...NINE HUNDRED DOLLARS, gift card to best buy because we dropped so much dough at the store. Can I get an AMEN?!?! I'm all about a good sale these days... I'll be sure to do a before and after picture of the decorating and stuff... Just know that for a few weeks we used a cooler, like with ice, as a fridge and an air mattress as a make shift couch in the living room. Cozy!

-I haven't been shopping much at all lately. So sad! I have no time or energy to put into myself these days. I am hoping that once my life, house, and surroundings are in somewhat of a functioning order I will have more motivation to put into myself. I'm sure I'll get there again, someday.

-I'm super excited for my first set of visitors, whenever that might be. I have a few contenders who are planning some trips up from the south and down from the north. We even found this really cool rod iron bed to go into the guest room along with all the antique furniture.

Hmmm, well, I though I'd have more good things to tell you about but it appears as though my life is just as boring as I thought it was! Ha! Hopefully once the weather starts improving here we will get out more with Miss Ava and take some picture of our almost 16 month old!!! Holy Moly!

Until next time... Your Boring Friend, Moe. ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been waiting for this update!! Miss you!!! J and I are always up for a road trip!!!

Jody, Shaye, Madelyn, and Delaney said...

Well, I stay tuned in! I'm on here all the time anyway, although slacking lately and completely get the "house chaos" Ms. Ava is beautiful and growing like crazy (pics from fb:) Hang in there, I'm sure all her lil 'quirks' will work out in time. Hard to make them do anything we want with this demanding independence stage!

Missy McCurry said...

Maureen,
I am ready for another update. Miss ya! ;)

Segal Party of 4 said...

Love the update! Sounds like the house is coming along. I'm 3.5 years into having kids and my shopping/desire to put effort into my looks daily are still on freeze. AH! Miss you guys.