I have only minutes each day to devote to things outside of Miss Ava and today I dedicate them to the blog! Here are a few things I have come to learn since having the baby:
1. I wonder why everyone told me to "Get Sleep!" before the baby was here. Was there a place to stock pile it and then use when needed? If so, please advise...
2. Babies cry a lot sometimes and for no particular reason...that I am aware of. Babies also love to sleep all day and want to hang out all night. Interesting...
3. I miss alone time with Curt! We use to hang out when he got home from work everyday and have a snack together (we NEVER have dinner at the same time because of his work schedule) on the couch. Now he comes home and I immediately pass over Ava so I can do some normal things on my own, like ya know...brush my teeth, take a shower, sleep (small things, really...).
4. Sometimes I look at her and can't help but smile (screaming or not) and be amazed that we created her. I-N-S-A-N-E. Never in my life did I think it was possible to care for someone, worry about someone, and just unconditionally love someone like I love her. It's the best feeling in the whole wide world.
5. Babies spit up at any particular time. My winter wardrobe of cashmere sweaters has been replaced with hanes t-shirts and old hoodies in order to avoid ruining my clothes with an unsuspected shot of old breast milk. Oh, and good thing I invested so much in my handbag collection when all I can carry now is a diaper bag. (thankfully it's a cute one!)
6. "Pumping" is the best thing...ever. Sharing midnight feedings will keep me sane in the next few months I'm sure.
7. Curt is the best husband, ever.
8. Going to base to check the mail requires a great deal of planning in order to avoid a screaming baby rooting on everything her mouth touches for her meal.
9. We have never been as happy as we are right now.
10. Never turn down help or a free meal.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I read this aloud to Joe and we must agree "sounds about right"!! Give little Miss Ava a happy 1 month birthday kiss tomorrow!!
Okay, your #3 is so freakin' true its unreal. Jason and I realized it last week. We called it "father-son bonding time" right when he came home from work and "mommy sleep time"...but now I realize it also should be called "mommy and daddy hardly are together time". But a sleep-deprived mommy and a daddy without bonding time leads to bigger problems. :) And about the spitup: I'm with ya! I consider burp cloths to be a current staple of my wardrobe. That and scrunchies...cuz nothing says "new mom" like vomit in the hair. :)
boy you hit the nail on the head with that post :) I've love to say it gets easier by 3.5 months...and it does...but only slightly :). It does get better though...you love 'em even more. It hardly seems possible, I know, but it's true!!!!
I still can't add you to "blogs I follow" weird.
Post a Comment