
We just recently went to Curt's Christmas party for work and it was pretty fun! It was at St. Catherine's College in Cambridge. Yes, it was beautiful. Freezing, but beautiful. We danced a ton and ripped open Christmas crackers all night. I just love, love, LOVE dressing up. Curt is hoping that I stop buying new dresses everytime we have an event, but, I just love getting all "fancy" everytime something else rolls around....which has been a lot lately. :)
Thankfully, even with my new job in full effect we are still going to be taking a much needed trip back to the states soon. I am desperate to see my family and friends b/c it's been about a year since we were home last. PATHETIC, I know. Curt and I geot so caught up and work this past year that we lost some precious time...but rest assured that one long night with my family usually gets everyone up to speed. Thankfully I talk to them about 6 million times a week over the phone and internet. :) God Bless long distance calling. We are having our very own Christmas once we get to my parents house. We haven't opened ONE present yet this Christmas. Not One. We can't consider it Christmas until we are all together (we did the same thing last year) and my mom has this amazing way to make even the middle of June feel like Christmas day, so we are really looking forward to that. I have the most amazing family....
On a sad note, we farewelled our bestest of friends, the Madsen's. It was truly a sad day and I had to close their bedroom door because I was tearing up everytime I looked at the empty space. Our goodbye was short and sweet at the airport, mainly because if we stood there too long I would have smuggled my way into their suitcase if only to hang out with them for one more day. BUT, we are hoping to reunite with them in LESS then a year...so more to come on that.

Another fun thing that happened in the past couple weeks was that we did a photoshoot with the famous TLohse photographer. Our friend over here in England is an amazing photographer and we jumped at the opportunity to take some pictures from here. Curt and I sometimes get so caught up in work that we forget about all the wonderful places that are so close to where we live. The location of our pictures was just fabulous. Even though it did rain a little bit in the beginning we could not have had a better day...it was just so fun. I am definitely going to take advantage of her wonderful talent again in the Spring time when all those beautiful gardens in the Abby are bursting with color. As you can see, she did an amazing job. Here are a few of our fave's....


Well, I'm going to TRY to do better over the next few months. I have to promise myself not to let work take over my ENTIRE life...so we'll see how that goes. I know after our trip home we will have lots of stories and photos from all of our visits with everyone in the States. Until next time.....

No comments:
Post a Comment